The Korean Thread!
Aug 10, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #211 of 238
  wait, I thought Calyx and Audinst are are two separate entities? Calyx did catch my attention earlier, found some reviews here that summed it up to be ho-hum for money (way over the $300 mark anyway IIRC). Which particular model from Audinst would fit my bill?

Yup. They are separate. I just mentioned those two, as they are most known. Audinist HUD MXII is solid. It's not outstanding, but it is nothing short of solid and very practical.

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #212 of 238

Great work by Hidition. Those in Korea should visit Hidition. Tell them I told them about you(just say a student reviewer :p). They are really welcoming to visitors(they apparently have a English speaker at their HQ as well).

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #217 of 238
I live far enough from Seoul, but get to visit SNU once in a couple of month or so. Hopefully they have some parking spots nearby...

Guided by your suggestion, I looked up some reviews on the MX-1/MX-2. MX-2 doesn't sound like much of an upgrade if not a sidegrade. Found a classified for a MX-1 (KRW99000 shipped) and jumped on it - I've seen it go for less but whatever, still like half the price of a new unit. Should be interesting cuz I also ordered a HIFImeDIY dac (the async version) just a few hours prior. I have enough computers/tablets and whatnot to keep a spare dac or two at that price 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #218 of 238
  I live far enough from Seoul, but get to visit SNU once in a couple of month or so. Hopefully they have some parking spots nearby...

Guided by your suggestion, I looked up some reviews on the MX-1/MX-2. MX-2 doesn't sound like much of an upgrade if not a sidegrade. Found a classified for a MX-1 (KRW99000 shipped) and jumped on it - I've seen it go for less but whatever, still like half the price of a new unit. Should be interesting cuz I also ordered a HIFImeDIY dac (the async version) just a few hours prior. I have enough computers/tablets and whatnot to keep a spare dac or two at that price 
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol. Tell me what you think about them.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #219 of 238
For those in Korea: http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/Item/DetailView/Item.aspx?goodscode=591151798
Q701 is selling for 51,000won. Something is wrong, but what is there to lose? If it's fake or defect, you can send it back. If it's real, you get a Q701 for 1/5 of price.

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #220 of 238
Hi guys!
smily_headphones1.gif
 How is everyone? Korean living in London here. Lived in Europe since childhood, I but I still speak the language very well. I always have a good time when I go back and visit friends and relatives.

Audio-wise, I'm pretty much settled on what I have now. My portable set up is pretty much the ipod shuffle and the apple earphones. I prefer to enjoy my music at home. 
I haven't listened to much K-pop at all, mainly because I don't know where to start. - a few songs by Youme, Busker busker ... and maybe a few more others...

These days I mostly listen to classical and 60's rock, motown, soul, jazz. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #222 of 238
  Hi guys!
smily_headphones1.gif
 How is everyone? Korean living in London here. Lived in Europe since childhood, I but I still speak the language very well. I always have a good time when I go back and visit friends and relatives.

Audio-wise, I'm pretty much settled on what I have now. My portable set up is pretty much the ipod shuffle and the apple earphones. I prefer to enjoy my music at home. 
I haven't listened to much K-pop at all, mainly because I don't know where to start. - a few songs by Youme, Busker busker ... and maybe a few more others...

These days I mostly listen to classical and 60's rock, motown, soul, jazz. 

Welcome! You should visit Korea sometime. It's fun!

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #223 of 238
Hello! I am a Korean high school student living in Korea, that grew up in the United States for the past 10 years. I am pretty new to this hobby, but never knew there was a Korean community here at Head-Fi. Pleased to be here, and hope we get along! By the way, I got my InEar LivePro 2 reshelled at Hidition last week. It should arrive in few days, and their customer service is great! Will post some pictures when I get them :3

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #224 of 238
  Hello! I am a Korean high school student living in Korea, that grew up in the United States for the past 10 years. I am pretty new to this hobby, but never knew there was a Korean community here at Head-Fi. Pleased to be here, and hope we get along! By the way, I got my InEar LivePro 2 reshelled at Hidition last week. It should arrive in few days, and their customer service is great! Will post some pictures when I get them :3

They do have great customer service. It was nice talking to them. It's also nice to see another high school student! Happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back