The Korean Thread!
Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #196 of 238
  Reading threads in Seeko, it's interesting how Korean audiophiles are soooooo different from audiophiles here. It's taken for granted that IEM cannot sound as good as hps. They remain so scientific when it comes to measurements, yet lack common sense at time. :p. I'm making them sound weird, but they are really really up to date when it comes to new releases though.

Anyone in Korea tried T-PEOS DAC yet? Or is it even out yet?

Haha I know exactly what you mean! Especially golden ears.

I received the T-Peos DAC in January but still haven't got it to work with my HTC One. Works fine with Note 2, S4, G2. Stupid HTC firmware update...

Just to show off lol..look what came to my office yesterday from SoundCat!

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #197 of 238

Haha I know exactly what you mean! Especially golden ears.

I received the T-Peos DAC in January but still haven't got it to work with my HTC One. Works fine with Note 2, S4, G2. Stupid HTC firmware update...

Just to show off lol..look what came to my office yesterday from SoundCat!

WAAAAT.... sigh.... I need to buy something.... sooooon. I'm so jealous.
Anyways, if you have time, you should also visit sound cat's HQ. From what I recall, they had an abyss for demo, along with few iems. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #198 of 238
  WAAAAT.... sigh.... I need to buy something.... sooooon. I'm so jealous.
Anyways, if you have time, you should also visit sound cat's HQ. From what I recall, they had an abyss for demo, along with few iems. 

Hehe. They sound quite dark in my ears. It'll take some time to getting use to. Yes, they have a pretty decent line up of IEMs for demo. Will be receiving a pair of ASG-2 from them soon.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #199 of 238
Helo im from indonesia. I got friend in korea. He will go back to indonesia next month. I want to buy something in korea from my friend.
What do you suggest? I want something that is more cheapier than in my country. It can be amp/iem/headphone/dap..
Thx guys, any help will be apprecited.
Sorry for my yoda (bad) english.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #200 of 238
Helo im from indonesia. I got friend in korea. He will go back to indonesia next month. I want to buy something in korea from my friend.
What do you suggest? I want something that is more cheapier than in my country. It can be amp/iem/headphone/dap..
Thx guys, any help will be apprecited.
Sorry for my yoda (bad) english.

There are some Korean brands that will be cheaper here in Korea like Cresyn, EXS, T-Peos, Ucotech, Dynamic Motion. All IEM brands.

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #202 of 238
Thx bro for your answer.
Im already bought t-peos altone200. Im feeling excited to try it..

Good for you! I just got myself those a week or two ago. Haven't had much time with them but I remember being impressed. Those actually haven't been officially released in Korea yet so if you get it here it will definitely be a little bit cheaper and just feels cool having a product made by your country but no one knows about it haha

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #203 of 238
What's up guys, I just got to Korea and simultaneously both the iem's I brought with me are having cable problems.

So, I'm looking to get a single or dual driver BA, I'm in Seoul of course. I wanted to get one of the Korean brands since I can't get them in the states. 

I'm used to my Brainwavz B2, UE 700, Westone UM2X (which is a little different from the others), but those are the general sound signatures I tend to stick with.

Any help you guys have for me as to what shops to go to to try them out, what to buy, or reviews I can read would be great.

I'm hoping to spend <200.

Thanks! :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #204 of 238
Not a serious suggestion but... if you're in Korea how about the iriver AE-7? Might be one step down from your IEMs since it's single-driver, but it would be pretty cool in its rarity.
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #206 of 238
  What's up guys, I just got to Korea and simultaneously both the iem's I brought with me are having cable problems.

So, I'm looking to get a single or dual driver BA, I'm in Seoul of course. I wanted to get one of the Korean brands since I can't get them in the states. 

I'm used to my Brainwavz B2, UE 700, Westone UM2X (which is a little different from the others), but those are the general sound signatures I tend to stick with.

Any help you guys have for me as to what shops to go to to try them out, what to buy, or reviews I can read would be great.

I'm hoping to spend <200.

Thanks! :)

Try going to the earphoneshop.co.kr at hwehwa station. I'm pretty sure it has the widest range of earphones/headphones for testing and for sale. It's my earphone heaven over there. Directions are on their site.

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #208 of 238
  Reading threads in Seeko, it's interesting how Korean audiophiles are soooooo different from audiophiles here. It's taken for granted that IEM cannot sound as good as hps. They remain so scientific when it comes to measurements, yet lack common sense at time. :p. I'm making them sound weird, but they are really really up to date when it comes to new releases though.

Anyone in Korea tried T-PEOS DAC yet? Or is it even out yet?

I hear you, I am not frequent there but came away with the same vibes whenever someone points me to one of their posts. Still they sound like a more level headed bunch compared to Goldenears....
BTW, do you know of any locally produced (or designed) DACs in the <$300 range that aren't too fatiguing? Figured I would give it a whirl after ignoring them all this time...

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #209 of 238

I hear you, I am not frequent there but came away with the same vibes whenever someone points me to one of their posts. Still they sound like a more level headed bunch compared to Goldenears....
BTW, do you know of any locally produced (or designed) DACs in the <$300 range that aren't too fatiguing? Figured I would give it a whirl after ignoring them all this time...

Audinist for Calyx are not bad. Not really warm or colored, but I don't find them fatiguing.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #210 of 238
wait, I thought Calyx and Audinst are are two separate entities? Calyx did catch my attention earlier, found some reviews here that summed it up to be ho-hum for money (way over the $300 mark anyway IIRC). Which particular model from Audinst would fit my bill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back