The Korean Thread!
Jan 29, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #166 of 238
Happy Lunar New Year holidays everyone!! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #170 of 238
Well a lot of reps from about 50 diff audio brands will be there showing off their stuff with testing booths! JHAudio joined this year so I'm really looking forward to that. They will also be having limited clearance sales and models to take pictures with! haha. Really excited to go

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #172 of 238
Westone is out with their new series so excited to try that too! Hope I can get something with a nice sale. Hoping a good deal on fit ear 334 and westone w40.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #174 of 238
I talked to the soundcat people there at the show and they said there is no difference in sound with the W4 and the W40. The housing design and the mmcx cabling were the only things that were different. I was really surprised to see Aurisonics and Heir Audio there. I snatched myself the 4.ai on impulse as it was on limited clearance sale. I found them very mid-forward and vocal forward. An audiophile friend of mine went with me and he got the 4.ai as well. He listens to mostly female vocals and he says that it's like none he's ever heard. I found it a bit muddy in the mids to lower mid region, not extending enough in the bass region, high's not bright and detailed enough, sound decays too fast, and overall soundstage was too small for my taste. (Compared to the SM64 which I said I was going to sell but didn't and ended up liking them a lot lol) Hopefully, I'll end up liking the 4.ai as well unless they sell on seeko. They are widely praised and a lot of people find them unique and it was chance of a lifetime so I just thought what the heck:) 

I had a chance to try out the UE18Pro and the JH Roxanne and I'll just have to say, I thought I new what good IEMs sounded like until I heard those. It was just on another level. I did not believe what I was hearing. Didn't know sound like that was possible. There's a reason they're really pricey. Since I like bassy IEMs the 334 was also really fun to try out but they were way too far out of my budget range as well. Listening to the real high end made me depressed so I stopped listening to the IEMs I know that I couldn't afford any time soon.

A&K was there and it was the most popular booth. There were way too many people in there so I didn't even bother waiting to try out the 240. STAX, Beyerdynamic, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Denon, Grado had some sick setups there and it was cool to take a peek into the headphone world as well but I spent most of my time by the soundcat IEM booth hehe. They were real nice and I was surprised to find out that some of the soundcat people spoke perfect English :)

They should festivals/conventions like these more often...Just gotta look forward to next years heh.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #175 of 238
so I just watched my first Korean Drama (K-Drama?
biggrin.gif
) show. well, haven't finished it yet but I have started watching it. it's called 상속자들.
pretty good stuff even if I am probably missing a lot of references due to having almost no idea what South Korean culture is like.
not sure if it's all novelty but it feels quite well-made and the cheesiness level is pretty awesome. it's like an anime but not animated!
tongue.gif

probably not even a good reflection of the actual culture but it's fun to think it could be! plus there is some nice Hi-Fi stuff in it...

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #176 of 238
  so I just watched my first Korean Drama (K-Drama?
biggrin.gif
) show. well, haven't finished it yet but I have started watching it. it's called 상속자들.
pretty good stuff even if I am probably missing a lot of references due to having almost no idea what South Korean culture is like.
not sure if it's all novelty but it feels quite well-made and the cheesiness level is pretty awesome. it's like an anime but not animated!
tongue.gif

probably not even a good reflection of the actual culture but it's fun to think it could be! plus there is some nice Hi-Fi stuff in it...

Lol. I should watch it too. Every single one of my family member watched that :p

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #178 of 238
  haha, well if they like it then I think they're a better reference than me
wink.gif

so... now that I'm hooked on this stuff, is there any particularly fun/good show I should check out next?
biggrin.gif

Hmm depends on what kind of drama you want. You can have messed up ones(which are typically hilarious), or some really serious ones. Lol.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #179 of 238
dammit, looks like I missed out on the Mofi show or whatever that was called. This is what happens when you take an... extended break from head-fi. I will be sure to keep checking back on this thread time to time so I won't miss the next event like that hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back