The Korean Thread!
Sep 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 238
Be prepared to have your mind torn apart and your life's meaning thrown to the gutter. There's a reason why they were so highly regarded in the indie scene back in the day. And it sure wasn't because of Let It Rain. They had serious cred from just the two. Different sound, amazing sound.

Well now they're part of SM as of the merger. And it's all downhill when the (former) big-name indie band has to perform for the SM Christmas concert. Or whatever the hell it's called. Speaking of big-name indie bands Deli Spice came out with some real...ugh, from their newer releases. I won't judge..."Open Your Eyes" - I'd wish they'd open their eyes.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #19 of 238
BTW has anyone tried out the low budget T-PEOS Tanks? A friend of mine wants a flat tape style cabled earphones for his birthday and I don't want to get him A-Jays. I know the JBL J33, and J22 have the flat style cables as well and actually sounded quite nice on my short first impression. Philips also has those Fidelio ones but I don't like anything with a remote or a button or anything like that on the cable. I can't trust anything with a remote or button on the cable lol. Just wondering if anyone ever got around to trying these Tanks. There's no review or anything here on head-fi on the Tanks which was a bit surprising lol.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 238
definitely not korean, but I've been cooking a lot of korean food lately.

so, what's your favourite korean food? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #26 of 238
awesome, I made some daejibulgogi and galbi cooked sous-vide, a while ago.
and korean fried chicken wings is the best thing ever, following this recipe: http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/crispy-chicken-wings-korean-style/
so gosh darn good.

and made lots of doenjang jjigae as well, but can't seem to get it as good as I want to...
about to attempt soondubu jjigae at some point as well.

hope I'm not turning it into a food chat or anything but I kind of recently discovered korean food after going to Vancouver, Canada. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #27 of 238
  awesome, I made some daejibulgogi and galbi cooked sous-vide, a while ago.
and korean fried chicken wings is the best thing ever, following this recipe: http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/crispy-chicken-wings-korean-style/
so gosh darn good.

and made lots of doenjang jjigae as well, but can't seem to get it as good as I want to...
about to attempt soondubu jjigae at some point as well.

hope I'm not turning it into a food chat or anything but I kind of recently discovered korean food after going to Vancouver, Canada. 
biggrin.gif

Great! You are making me hungry! I should go down to a Korean restaurant soon for a nice meal. I miss chicken wings so much...

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 238
I really like all of those foods but I have it everyday so I always look for non-Korean food when I eat outside of my workplace. Don't get me wrong Korean food is good but not good for every meal every single day at least for me.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 238
  I really like all of those foods but I have it everyday so I always look for non-Korean food when I eat outside of my workplace. Don't get me wrong Korean food is good but not good for every meal every single day at least for me.

Me too. Even when I'm in Korea, I try to eat something else besides Korean food when I eat outside my home. That's typically Japanese or fast food.

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 238
  Lol. So many teachers here!
Anyways, my favorite Korean food is galbi.

jonyoo, I've heard good things about entry level T-PEOS. They are known as budget kings.

Word. Maybe I'll just order one since it's not too expensive.

Never in my life will I ever teach English at a hakwon again! The little kids just suck the life out of me. Now I really enjoyed teaching kids that actually want to be there and learn. The other kids I swear are demon summoners or demon possessed or demons themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back