The Kiwi ears Quintet Thread:
Jul 11, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #63 of 316
So if the nozzle is wide to some, how wide is that? Normal width is usually 4.5 to 5.5 mm. From pictures of the IEM in people's ears and fingers, I'd think the body is around 20 to 25 mm long. How long is the nozzle? SuperReviews said its fit was pretty deep.

Jul 11, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #64 of 316
So if the nozzle is wide to some, how wide is that? Normal width is usually 4.5 to 5.5 mm. From pictures of the IEM in people's ears and fingers, I'd think the body is around 20 to 25 mm long. How long is the nozzle? SuperReviews said its fit was pretty deep.
Don’t worry about the nozzle size, the Quintet fits great.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #66 of 316
I don't think I had any issues with the longer nozzles of the Quintet, but the shell shape was an issue for me. I have smaller ears so likely the reason, but just a warning to others with similar anatomy.

I love the sound signature but I just couldn't get past the fit. My experience is still a bit limited but probably one of my few 'wow' moments with an IEM.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #67 of 316
In the house and in the garden. Great so far, but I need more time. Clean, crisp and technical which is what I wanted.

1689095913432.png

Jul 13, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #68 of 316
Mine came in today. Anyone want any comparisons (especially for particular tracks)?

I think they're better than the S12, which is very high praise for me. They sound, to me, kinda like the Letshuoer Galileo but with less treble roll-off and more resolution. In other words - amazing. I know - new gear always sounds the best. :)

My current IEM library:
Etymotic - ER3SE, ER4XR, EVO
KZ - AS16Pro, PR2 (with correct driver damping), CRN, DQ6, CRA+
Thieaudio - Monarch Mk1
Truthear - Hexa, Zero
Mangird - Tea Mk1
Tripowin - Olina (original), Mele, Lea
Letshuoer - S12, Galileo
BLON - BL03, Z300
7hz - Dioko, Zero
Thor - Mjolner Mk1
Simgot - EA500
UE - Triple.fi10
Moondrop - Starfield, Chu, Lan (why aren't these more hyped???)

Plus some other stuff that I don't think is all that relevant because of weird tuning (Kinera Celest, for example).

Jul 13, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #69 of 316
Got my Quintet in yesterday. It's simply amazing at the $200-$220 price point. They could've sold this IEM at $400 and it'd be worth it imo.

I agree with this short and sweet review:

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #70 of 316
Got my Quintet in yesterday. It's simply amazing at the $200-$220 price point. They could've sold this IEM at $400 and it'd be worth it imo.

I agree with this short and sweet review:

I agree Kiwi ears could have sold these for way more $ and got away with it. :)

Cheers! Glad you like them!

Jul 14, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #71 of 316
I agree Kiwi ears could have sold these for way more $ and got away with it. :)

Cheers! Glad you like them!
But people say its lacking in bass, is that your opinion too? :)

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #72 of 316
But people say its lacking in bass, is that your opinion too? :)
Definitely not lacking bass to my ears. People who say that might not have it properly sealed or they're not driving it properly. The Quintet rumbles and slams. Not the most bassy IEM and not a basshead IEM, but it doesn't lack in bass quality nor quantity.

I'm using SpinFit CP145 medium tips with the Quintet btw.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #73 of 316
Definitely not lacking bass to my ears. People who say that might not have it properly sealed or they're not driving it properly. The Quintet rumbles and slams. Not the most bassy IEM and not a basshead IEM, but it doesn't lack in bass quality nor quantity.

+1. The bass (especially sub-bass) is just about perfect.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #74 of 316

Nice I use the large CP 145 with mine. It is a solid af choice, that is just nice. I am enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back