The K701 Added to My Q701...
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gtortorella

500+ Head-Fier
After being impressed by the Q701, I have just ordered the K701.  What can I expect?  I have two good headphone amps, the Schiit Asgard and the headphone section in my Yamaha integrated.  I welcome your thoughts. 

Before I forget: is it hard to straighten the K701's cable?  I am always disappointed when they bunch up the cable--the kinks never seem to go away.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
After being impressed by the Q701, I have just ordered the K701.  What can I expect?  I have two good headphone amps, the Schiit Asgard and the headphone section in my Yamaha integrated.  I welcome your thoughts. 

Before I forget: is it hard to straighten the K701's cable?  I am always disappointed when they bunch up the cable--the kinks never seem to go away.

Heya,

I think you're going to find they sound very, very similar. You may find the Q701 to sound slightly warmer. But you realize they are brothers, not even cousins. That close. I much preferred the Q701 myself, but even then, it's not my cup of tea really either. Because I found the K701 to be too analytical, dry, and anemic for my taste in enjoying music.

Very best,

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, I had looked at their specs, and I knew they would be "brother" or "sister" headphones.  In comparison, I parted with my HD650 because I thought they were a bit dark.  They had excellent bass and dynamics, but the Q701 was better in terms of space and air.  The Q701 is also more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back