The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Nov 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #2,161 of 3,535
  I'm going to have two pair pretty soon - When mine was bad, I bought another so as not to be without my woodie - tried listening to my Rosewill Woodies - but they are better for jokes than actual listening. Now the replacement pair should be in the post in the next week. This is a headphone where having a backup, isn't an expensive proposition.

Brilliant headphone.

How do they compare to your 1964 V6/V8 and JH16?

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #2,162 of 3,535

How do they compare to your 1964 V6/V8 and JH16?

Different animal - now I have to burn in this new pair - but they are so much better than their price would indicate - they have such a natural tone - acoustic instruments are stellar - classic rock is stellar - $275 is a joke... 

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #2,163 of 3,535

Different animal - now I have to burn in this new pair - but they are so much better than their price would indicate - they have such a natural tone - acoustic instruments are stellar - classic rock is stellar - $275 is a joke... 

I could imagine the same FX850 falling into Jimmy Lovine / Dre or Noel Lee's hands-

-they would probably find a spot to slap on their respective brand emblem, give it a humongous ala bling bling packaging. Then sells its at Four-Times Fold the price tag of $275 @ $1100 . (Although i think Noel Lee would at least honor a lifetime + 1 time no-conditions warranty for that..
tongue_smile.gif
)

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #2,164 of 3,535
Dre? Do a woodie iem? Not unless the wood is replaced with metal or plastic and comes in red.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #2,166 of 3,535
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #2,167 of 3,535
Do you like JVC better than your TH-600 ?

Don't have it now, but I definitely enjoyed the 850s more than my time with the TH600. The more realistic timbre, forward mids, controlled treble but still with sparkle. Great iems

@Exesteils
 I found this on ebay; fx1100 at $599 free shipping. Quite expensive and its the only one available at the moment. Would I be taxed if I bring it in and how much is the current tax rate?

I will need to buy them before 1st of april then right since gst would start then, got to pay both customs tax and gst insane :eek:  

First I would check if it's genuine, because you won't have time for a RMA if something goes wrong. If it all checks out then go for it. I personally wouldn't drop 600 on untested waters but hey, your call

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #2,168 of 3,535
Don't have it now, but I definitely enjoyed the 850s more than my time with the TH600. The more realistic timbre, forward mids, controlled treble but still with sparkle. Great iems
First I would check if it's genuine, because you won't have time for a RMA if something goes wrong. If it all checks out then go for it. I personally wouldn't drop 600 on untested waters but hey, your call

No I wont go now, probably next month but soon. The fx850 timbres is something to have and considering theses are priced way higher than those shows their confidence in their new product but then again you never know, its going to be a leap of faith ahaha but damn the 850s are good. I think I am going to skip on the ambient 12 drivers series and rather go for this. Help me decide. Whats the best buy with 500-600$ now.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #2,169 of 3,535
No I wont go now, probably next month but soon. The fx850 timbres is something to have and considering theses are priced way higher than those shows their confidence in their new product but then again you never know, its going to be a leap of faith ahaha but damn the 850s are good. I think I am going to skip on the ambient 12 drivers series and rather go for this. Help me decide. Whats the best buy with 500-600$ now.

I would have gone for the Noble 4C just because of how lively and crisp the sound it. But it's lacking the bass slam that the 850's have.

I would recommend trying a few customs. For the price, the isolation and sound is really worthy. Especially with Black Friday just around the corner. Based on you liking the CKR9, try the 1964Ears V6 or LimeEars LE3B.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #2,170 of 3,535
I would have gone for the Noble 4C just because of how lively and crisp the sound it. But it's lacking the bass slam that the 850's have.

I would recommend trying a few customs. For the price, the isolation and sound is really worthy. Especially with Black Friday just around the corner. Based on you liking the CKR9, try the 1964Ears V6 or LimeEars LE3B.

I have tried all Noble lineup and 1964 ears too, also Limeears LE3 and 2. There was nothing special about the nobles to me. Noble5 or 6 had too thick of a sound and Noble 4 is very tranparent and airy, liked the 4s more than 5 and 6 but then again yes lacking bass weight and texture. And considering the price I'd chose ckr9s over those since its way more balanced in terms of tonality and having abit of warmth and its cheaper. The one that striked out was the k10s. Thats another planet lol. I actually liked the limeears more even the 2 drivers one. Now v6s has more a tad too much bass for me so I prefered the V6 more but then V6 highs were abit peaky to me for some tracks (Could be my ears). Hmm am I being too picky? Its like I am not ready to move into the customs yet, the Lime3 are like 3200rm at amplfied store still too high for me. 

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #2,171 of 3,535

I am contemplating, but i might plan to get the K10 in a few months time once i get my Salary Bonus. Both the JH13FPs and FX850 are complimenting well for me, but i am still curious at the K10, SA-43, Average Joe's NT6 + TWau+cu Hybrid Combo Recommendation.. uhh too much poison on Head-Fi; but too little money. Damn!
Dre? Do a woodie iem? Not unless the wood is replaced with metal or plastic and comes in red.

I bet if they do, they will probably change to a Reddish Cherry Wood Exterior LOL!

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #2,172 of 3,535

I am contemplating, but i might plan to get the K10 in a few months time once i get my Salary Bonus. Both the JH13FPs and FX850 are complimenting well for me, but i am still curious at the K10, SA-43, Average Joe's NT6 + TWau+cu Hybrid Combo Recommendation.. uhh too much poison on Head-Fi; but too little money. Damn!

I bet if they do, they will probably change to a Reddish Cherry Wood Exterior LOL!

The K10 is a different flavour from the ones you mention. From what I heard the NT6 is a very balanced, reference sound, if you're adding a high clarity cable I can only imagine it getting brighter. While the K10s have almost every part of the it's sound emphasised, from it's expansive, hard-hitting bass to the clear, clean-cut highs, overall presentation was slightly laid back but it makes the K10s very easy to listen to. It's not reference in the traditional sense but  it's tuned so no part of the music is missed, and to me, it does it very well.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,173 of 3,535
Oh my goodness. I just swapped a set of $35 Shure EA46CLS cables--amazing results! The sound is much more open, awesome separation and detail! Bass is still hefty with plenty of punch and kick. Anyone wanna corroborate with my findings??? 

I just purchased these based on your reccomendation and i concur.

Definently tighter bass which I think clears the sound up for more instument separatio and details

Nov 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #2,175 of 3,535
Really goes to show what I've come to realize during last six months or so, that what we appreciate when it comes to IEMs and sound is very personal. Oh yes, I've had my share of TOTL IEMs (see my profile) but right now there's really only one other phone that I appreciate as much (and sometimes even more depending on what I'm listening to) as the FX850, it costs just USD $50 and is too just ****** AMAZING!

And what might those $50 iems be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back