The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Nov 12, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #2,149 of 3,535
FX750 sounds slightly better than FX850 imo, slightly more forward miss and better controlled bass, though a bit peakier.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #2,150 of 3,535
Any1 going for the jvc fx1100? 

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #2,152 of 3,535
The Fx850 blow away the Senn IE800. I just got the IE800 in the mail today and I am very unimpressed. I have also purchased (and then returned) the the SE535, Grado Gr10, and the Westone W40.

None of these headphones compare or even come close to the 850s in bass, clarity, soundstage, instrument separation, or timbre. The fx850s have such depth to the pluck of a guitar compared to the IE800. They also have way bigger soundstage and have a full sound- the IE800 sounds tiny (like small speakers). The IE800, while very clear, lack bass and have piercing/thin tremble. This is not the case with the JVCs. 

My source is my iPhone 6 with Spotify 320kbps. I tried out my entire collection which includes artists such as Blink 182, Maroon five, Pink Floyd, Lana Del Rey..

These are truly a great IEM. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #2,153 of 3,535
  Update:  I swapped my set out for another pair and I don't get the static noise any longer.  Seems I had a defective pair for sure.

I'm going to have two pair pretty soon - When mine was bad, I bought another so as not to be without my woodie - tried listening to my Rosewill Woodies - but they are better for jokes than actual listening. Now the replacement pair should be in the post in the next week. This is a headphone where having a backup, isn't an expensive proposition.

Brilliant headphone.

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2,155 of 3,535
Have mine for about 3 weeks now. Wow...one of the best Head gear purchases so far, Probably the best sound per dollar IMO. Bought a used Plus Sound Silver + Copper + Gold hybrid cable, whatever minor gripes I had about the sound are gone. Bass is bit tighter, Treble has bit more sparkle, sound stage is bit wider / more depth. All minor changes, but have made an already great sounding phone magnificent. This is from HM-901.

Nov 14, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2,156 of 3,535
  Have mine for about 3 weeks now. Wow...one of the best Head gear purchases so far, Probably the best sound per dollar IMO. Bought a used Plus Sound Silver + Copper + Gold hybrid cable, whatever minor gripes I had about the sound are gone. Bass is bit tighter, Treble has bit more sparkle, sound stage is bit wider / more depth. All minor changes, but have made an already great sounding phone magnificent. This is from HM-901.

I would totally agree that these are one of my favorites as well. I have thought about some new cables although I am happy with these as they are.

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,158 of 3,535

Where can I purchase these, i couldnt find any when I googled.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #2,160 of 3,535
just received these today.....fantastic!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back