The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Nov 6, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #2,131 of 3,535
Straight out of the box..they sound much more lush than the fx700's. It's impressive...
I really like thier sound sig as well. I can now use the 700's without worry...

They are almost twice the size of the 700 as well, leading to slightly deeper bass. I also noticed that the tips have a ginormous opening!

Yes,jvc got the cord right as well...

This is what I am listening to and it sound fan-freaking tastic! No burn in...I can't wait...

I think you'll like "Jalapeño's Playlist II", an excellent mix on 8tracks.

Here's the DJ's description:

Voiceless music

Listen now: http://8tracks.com/mixes/5076136

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #2,132 of 3,535
I think you'll like "Jalapeño's Playlist II", an excellent mix on 8tracks.

Here's the DJ's description:

Voiceless music

Listen now: http://8tracks.com/mixes/5076136

Does anyone listen to this app?
If so, let me know what you think about this mix...it sounds great to me especially on these phones. Its not my mix, just incase anyone was wondering.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #2,133 of 3,535
I've burned them for around 100 hours and I'm not sure if I can tell much of a difference. Very subtle. I was burning them in at the same time with my new DX90, so it is really hard to say what contributed to what.

In my opinion the SQ improvement can be achieved more easily by right size, fit and material of tips.

To my ears, with large olive tips, they sounded pretty much like $10 WallMart buds.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #2,136 of 3,535
So the FX1200 turned out to be FX1100. Interesting...

Some translated Japanese impressions of the FX1100 from e-earphone (with comparisons to the FX850):

Differences on the HA-FX850 and the appearance is not seen big, we listen and think would be the model of the only cable has changed ... and. When I actually heard, the sound will surprise because different enough strange is that there is little difference in appearance. Rather than the sound of wood in HA-FX850 was the impression of the response is well nimble sound. However, HA-FX1100 is me playing a note that just feel is Wood distinctive sound and profound feeling. I to it is the perfect earphone you wanted a lingering a little more sound in the HA-FX850. In addition, we resolution is enhanced throughout, I'm getting to like pick up until more detailed sound. Also, it is good impression also of incorporating the user of opinion have been developed. L-shaped plug or, S of spiral dot earpiece, M, and with or have provided us with a size of between L, but has become a product that the user needs is reflected properly. It is a very high degree of perfection earphone.Please try once.

Further high-end model is more than that FX850 FX1100. FX850 also because it was very nice to the sound quality owns, honest further improvement of sound quality I had whether the question can be, but it gave me dispel brilliantly that question.FX1000 You can try to listen to one I was surprised to glossy-depth, vividness of the sound. You think the point here is particularly better than FX850. Such as quality and solder the cable, improving the resolution of as a result you have survived insistence to really small part. And because there is a vibration plate and the housing by JVC specific wood material precisely, here to do and it can do to achieve the sound of. Rather than only FX850 earphones originally, it's a hidden JVC fan you have also such component of the EX-B1, but it is even more would likely product in love.

What I could discern from these impressions is that the FX1100 is more detailed and higher resolution than the FX850.

Pictures (source: e-earphone.jp)

It will be released in early December for 53,000 yen.

More info and pictures here: http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11948887524.html

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #2,139 of 3,535
Hi there folks,

Since a colleague is going to be in Japan in a couple if weeks' time. Where could you recommend me to buy -online- a couple of 850s so that he can have them delivered in his hotel?

I would like to get the best price possible including discount for being a not Japan resident...

Thx a lot in advance. :D

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #2,140 of 3,535
Oh my goodness. I just swapped a set of $35 Shure EA46CLS cables--amazing results! The sound is much more open, awesome separation and detail! Bass is still hefty with plenty of punch and kick. Anyone wanna corroborate with my findings??? 

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2,144 of 3,535

are they available on amazon japan?

couldnt find it on amazon japan. but here is the US link http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Detachable-Earphone-Connection-Earphones/dp/B00HTJLCWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415643399&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+ea46cls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back