The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #181 of 3,535

Like really muffled with no definition or you can hear the music but it sounds bloated muffled? If it is the latter I would try burning them in overnight as see what happens in the morning.

By the way guys a little update..With over 200 hours of driver blasting these have now become an absolute gem of a sound in every way possible.. Guys that are getting these or ordered these. Please do burn them in for the minimum 100 hours before making a true judgment on them.. Happy listening to everyone.

No, it's definitely a connection problem. I'll try burning them though. Thanks

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #186 of 3,535
I ordered fri night and they will be delivered here tommarrow....tenso is pretty fast

I ordered through Likewin Japan Export Store (410$) on Amazon.com, delivery estimate March 27 - April 11
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #187 of 3,535

I ordered through Likewin Japan Export Store (410$) on Amazon.com, delivery estimate March 27 - April 11
frown.gif

Report back on your satisfaction with that seller, if you would... I noticed them when I was looking at the 650s, but am always leery of sellers with such little feedback.

Still eager to hear from someone on the 650s... I was going to pull the plug myself, but spent way too much on some speakers this week, so... that's for another pay period, hah!

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #191 of 3,535
My FutureSonics Atrio M5s have just died... I enjoyed the heavy hitting sub bass and decent isolation with foam tips.... would these be a worthy upgrade? They will be used on the move extensively.

Getting sucked into a whirlpool trying to buy a new set of headphones, These are the very top end of my budget being in the UK, anyone have any reccomendations to get them here?

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #192 of 3,535
  My FutureSonics Atrio M5s have just died... I enjoyed the heavy hitting sub bass and decent isolation with foam tips.... would these be a worthy upgrade? They will be used on the move extensively.

Getting sucked into a whirlpool trying to buy a new set of headphones, These are the very top end of my budget being in the UK, anyone have any reccomendations to get them here?

Well I can assure you as I used to own a pair of M5s with M7 drivers in them. The FX850s are a completely different and way more refined phone over the Atrios. Never really liked the Atrios much. They have that big sub bass but the rest of the sound was..Meh.. FX850s are operating on a completely different level of sound in every way possible compared to the Atrios.  Let me put it this way you will be able to hear a properly tuned earphone in comparison.. From memory. Much larger wider deeper stage, Way better timbre and highs you can make out every little detail, Mids that are full and dynamic compared to the compressed flat boring monitor like mids and limp highs of the M5s. With actual bass that is balanced and much more articulate and detailed over the just the big sub bass of the M5s. Dimensionality that the M5s could never reach even with the best amping going on with them..Going from something like the M5s to these would be a substantial upgrade..

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #193 of 3,535
I'm gonna have to chime in here after owning these for a week.  At first the bass sounded a little heavy, although controlled quite well.  I put them through 100 hours plus of burn in and everything seems to be in the right place.  Vocals are really good on these phones and sounds...correct.  Bass is still big but really doesn't sound out of place or bothersome like other bass heavy sets might do. Treble is very impressive.  Has really good sparkle like the FAD V's do and never gets fatiguing.  The whole sound has speaker like presentation and is very lively.  I thought it reminded me of the Sony H3 at the beginning but now it's far from it.  The Sony's are more laid back in sound, these will wake you up and get you moving.  Right now, I'd have to say these rank very high in my universal chain.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back