The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Sep 16, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #3,271 of 3,535
I've had my dental fillings glued again to my teeth with Loctite after having heard Anjunadeep 07 with my DX90!!!

:D :D :D

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #3,272 of 3,535
Just trying to do vent mod on 850.
Found out that most straw that i see in every day life (in USA.) are about 6mm or bigger. Found one that is 5.5mm but still not small enough.
Never thought finding a small straw are challenging before this moment.

Sep 18, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3,273 of 3,535
  Just trying to do vent mod on 850.
Found out that most straw that i see in every day life (in USA.) are about 6mm or bigger. Found one that is 5.5mm but still not small enough.
Never thought finding a small straw are challenging before this moment.

Lol. If all else fails, try these Disney kid's party straws. They're overpriced and bad quality, but they have the right size and should be available in the US.

(On second thought, I hope they don't come in different sizes for the EU and US
tongue.gif
)

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,276 of 3,535
Dsnuts,
This is one hell of a review..
I was so impressed by your description of the SQ,I immediately ordered a pair
I tip my hat to you,DSNUTS,a great job,one of the finest reviews I've ever read,and,I have spent $KKKK's on this audio hobby,and if my wife doesn't cut off my...ears,and another part of my anatomy..I will enjoy listening to your JVC's
Many Thanks,
Mike

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #3,277 of 3,535
  Dsnuts,
I tip my hat to you,DSNUTS,a great job,one of the finest reviews I've ever read,and,I have spent $KKKK's on this audio hobby,and if my wife doesn't cut off my...ears,and another part of my anatomy..I will enjoy listening to your JVC's
Many Thanks,
Mike

Watch out, It may not sound good at first hear since it require some burn-in period to sound open, mid is more forward etc.
The spiral dot tips that come with it is okay but like some other in this thread, i prefer TF 10 tips to it.
Jame's front and vent mods are also option but should be done after the sound settle in.
I once undone the mod when it sound not quite open but then realize that even after undone it is still not open like it used to be days ago. Then i burn it for one more day and it sound right both before and after the mod. (i prefer back mod only).

Hope you enjoy your new JVC.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #3,278 of 3,535
That's strange
It got all 100% positive reviews,

Did it really need 2 mods..Jesus,LOL
Maybe you are having a hearing problem..??
  Watch out, It may not sound good at first hear since it require some burn-in period to sound open, mid is more forward etc.
The spiral dot tips that come with it is okay but like some other in this thread, i prefer TF 10 tips to it.
Jame's front and vent mods are also option but should be done after the sound settle in.
I once undone the mod when it sound not quite open but then realize that even after undone it is still not open like it used to be days ago. Then i burn it for one more day and it sound right both before and after the mod. (i prefer back mod only).

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #3,279 of 3,535

2 mods,Jesus???
Tips no good either..strange..
Got all 100%  positive reviews

Your sure you dont have a hearing problem??

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #3,281 of 3,535
2 mods,Jesus???

no he does not. The mod kind of tames the boomy bass. Read the thread before you post. Quite a few people have done the mod and we're happy with the results. You've been around long enough to know there is no perfect can out there.

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #3,282 of 3,535
  2 mods,Jesus???

yep, there are easy 2 fully reversable mods by james444. to make it sound more natural (ie: less bass). I like the way it sound with only back mod.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/703874/jvc-ha-fx850-iem-woody/405#post_11162329

i find this tips  good... on other iem but the fx850 sound better with tf10 tips imo. (personal preference, you may find it other way around.)

Don't get me wrong I really like this iem too. I was never liked any iem before. Those other iem that i tried are lackluster compared to full-size and earbud that i have. HA-FX850 is the only iem that sound full and right to me. It was just almost on par with my other full size at default setting but it surpass them once i did the mod and change the tips so i let you know that if it doesn't live up to your expectation with your default off the box, you just need to burn them in more and perhaps change the tips or mod it (once it is fully burned in).

Sep 24, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #3,283 of 3,535
  Dsnuts,
Many Thanks,
Mike

These earphones remain one of my all time favorites. The review was easy to do for me as the sound spoke to my soul.  Do give them a nice good burn in and enjoy.  Not too many earphones do what the FX earphones do.  Thanks to all the guys for discovering these. They do deserve a place in your collection.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #3,284 of 3,535

These earphones remain one of my all time favorites. The review was easy to do for me as the sound spoke to my soul.  Do give them a nice good burn in and enjoy.  Not too many earphones do what the FX earphones do.  Thanks to all the guys for discovering these. They do deserve a place in your collection.

I am not a bass head,and prefer a more natural SQ,if it's slightly warm,that's fine
If you read my profile,you'll see what I use,and what I like,alot of Senns HD cans,used,old.

OK,I'll givem a shot
Will get back to you guys ,after I receive them

Thanks again for that review,simple outstanding Dsnuts!!

Mike

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #3,285 of 3,535
  I am not a bass head,and prefer a more natural SQ,if it's slightly warm,that's fine
If you read my profile,you'll see what I use,and what I like,alot of Senns HD cans,used,old.

OK,I'll givem a shot
Will get back to you guys ,after I receive them

Thanks again for that review,simple outstanding Dsnuts!!

Mike

Son, treble leaves much to be desired, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back