The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Sep 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,937 of 3,535
Joined the ranks today...just picked up my FX850's about 4 hours ago

Congrats!I believe you will enjoy them as much as we do over here~

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #1,938 of 3,535
Just got them too, delivered a few hours ago. Do they really react to burn in as they sound amazing out of the box!

Sep 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #1,940 of 3,535
Congrats guys and enjoy them FX850.

@kalibur. Yes, 850 sounds even better after some burn in.

They have a really nice sound sig. Can you all bullet point some hints to achieve the best from them. I use an X5 as my portable source and am using the Lg. tips included to achieve a good seal. Also,  the warranty concerns me, I didn't know until I read the only thing in English on the literature that said something to the effect the warranty only applies in Japan.

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #1,941 of 3,535
  They have a really nice sound sig. Can you all bullet point some hints to achieve the best from them. I use an X5 as my portable source and am using the Lg. tips included to achieve a good seal. Also,  the warranty concerns me, I didn't know until I read the only thing in English on the literature that said something to the effect the warranty only applies in Japan.

@subguy812,

I'm using mine with DX50 and the results are pretty good. I have just placed an order for the C5 amp and looks forward to hear the combo for myself. 

Kendric have gotten good results with some third party cable and you might want to take a look into it. Likewise DannyBai have a nice cable and kamakahah built himself one good looking cables himself. 

Personally, the 850 on stck cable is already good but I'm still waiting for my hybrid cable and hope it will bring  more out of the 850.

About warranty, I can't commend though as I bought mine locally and have local warranty.

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,942 of 3,535

I am currently using them with Stage93's 93spec Premium Silver Cable.

Source-wise I am using DX90 and the synergy is great!

At home I would hook them up via Digital output to Ifi Audio's iDSD Micro and so far results has been nothing short of great.

Once I have the free time I shall comment more about the iDSD Micro itself! =)

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,943 of 3,535
Ordered this and absolutely adored it after having applied the fantastic "j444 mod". However, my copy suffered from channel imbalance (about 4 dB). I have returned it to the seller but unfortunately seem to have lost my contact with him so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyway, I want to know if anyone else suffers from or have suffered from channel imbalance? Thanks!

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,944 of 3,535
Ordered this and absolutely adored it after having applied the fantastic "j444 mod". However, my copy suffered from channel imbalance (about 4 dB). I have returned it to the seller but unfortunately seem to have lost my contact with him so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyway, I want to know if anyone else suffers from or have suffered from channel imbalance? Thanks!

Nope, so far so good for me and all is well.

Hope you will be able to contact your dealer and do an exchange ASAP!

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #1,946 of 3,535
Hi guys, I am new to this hobby. I am contemplating getting the fx850 vs the dita. Has anyone made a comparison before? Or is this an unfair comparison due to the very diff price points?

I have not heard the dita, but I can tell you this.  The FX850 is better than many headphones that I've owned which includes the T1 and hd650.  Perhaps it just matches the music that I listen to perfectly.  I just wish the fit was a bit better for me, but the sound is outstanding.  I am debating about getting it a cable. I probably should get a cable for my hd650 as it definitely needs a silver cable while the FX850 is great as is.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,948 of 3,535
Sep 18, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #1,949 of 3,535
Hello. Wanted to say thanks for the thread. Just receive my Jvc 850 and I absolutely love it. I'm no audiophile but man this modern marvel is really some fantastic thing. The sound out of the box is incredible can't wait to burn it in as you guys mention. Bought a fiio x3 not sure how it would sound with this still waiting for delivery. Didnt want to spend much money so the x3 seems appropriate. Cheers.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,950 of 3,535
Seems there is a lot to like about the fx850 and nothing significantly wrong about this set. Initially i set my mind on getting dita but chanced upon this thread...now i am not so sure. Fx850 seems like a better value buy..aargh. maybe i should get both! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back