The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #19,756 of 22,434
Get a grip, man. Do you want somebody to send you over a horse or a dog to pet for comfort too?

Check the Abyss website in the drop-down menu under accessories. They sell sense of humor.
It's funny because he got all worked up before reading preceding posts and jumped to attacking me, very similarly to what you're doing. Take a breath and relax, read the preceding posts. Read them with a sense of humor. @ken6217 is the one who I directed the comment to in a humorous way and it looks like he got it, so...

And no, I'm not a college student. I'm a 40yo man.
All’s well, we all are keyboard warriors and at times we shed innocent blood.

Apr 1, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #19,758 of 22,434
Apr 1, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #19,760 of 22,434
I love these forums and I have no problem with people disagreeing and the back and forth ...sadly, we seem to be incorporating more angry people into the forums whose intention is either to insult or simply be contrary...I also continue to believe that a lot of these people have never actually heard the products they demean but that may be for another discussion lol

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #19,761 of 22,434
Open my used TC and don’t feel right. There are no labels. It sounds right but with that Chinese guy counterfeiting the headphones.

Attachments

• 7337FE60-6B89-4192-A904-406F81882554.jpeg
    7337FE60-6B89-4192-A904-406F81882554.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #19,762 of 22,434
I love these forums and I have no problem with people disagreeing and the back and forth ...sadly, we seem to be incorporating more angry people into the forums whose intention is either to insult or simply be contrary...I also continue to believe that a lot of these people have never actually heard the products they demean but that may be for another discussion lol

That's it, I feel the same way. I certainly feel the insidious creep of a straight-up confrontational and angry tone to the discussions on this forum. I'm not out here nieve to Headfi's strengths and its obvious weaknesses. The latter, rightly requires people to take someone's support or love for a product with a whole bunch of salt depending on the source. But, why the aggression? It's a hobby, that too, about high-end headphones.

I find the narrative and tone on SBAF laughable to be honest. Despite the obvious technical chops users on that forum boast over Headfi, the way people are engaged over there when discussing all things personal audio is sometimes genuinely disorienting. I feel the need to glance up at my address bar to confirm that I'm not at UNHCR.net, such is the rage that permeates those discussions.

I'm all for a different opinion: yes, no, and maybe can all exist in the same discussion. They can all apply to the same product. But this business of my opinion/standard/experience being superior to yours because of squiggles on an x & y-axis, or the use of op-amps on a circuit board, or a particular tonality is in a word laughable.

If anything, it's this sort of small-minded debate, that descends into outright insults that turn audiophiles into caricatures that the rest of society finds so curious. Frankly, there's a non-duality that exists outside of this bubble we called audiophilia. Where we hear nuance, in tone, timbre, pace, rhythm, and timing the rest of the world hear's a mad beat. Neither perspective is wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #19,763 of 22,434
Open my used TC and don’t feel right. There are no labels. It sounds right but with that Chinese guy counterfeiting the headphones.
I don't know if there should be any markings, but the drivers look nice and tightly stretched out. Also, the wires used look exactly like the conductors from the original Abyss cable that I recently rebuilt.

I'm sure Joe will chime in if there's anything suspicious in those pictures.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #19,764 of 22,434
All’s well, we all are keyboard warriors and at times we shed innocent blood.

LOL. This is a hilarious statement lol

Will also agree here. Very weird as it seems to be trending this way much more lately.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #19,766 of 22,434
That would be apropos if they were Chinese drivers. Remember……?

I don’t know what apropos means. Unless you mean preposition but there are so many to choose from.

Wonder if I should show my kids the video of world trade crushing their grandfather. Maybe too early

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #19,769 of 22,434
I'm going to need a translation for the last few posts. Can't make sense of it.
"If they were the Chinese drivers, that makes sense" is the gist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back