The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #19,681 of 22,434
Ok... here you go.

You will need Audacity: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

... and a way to hook your Abyss TCs to your computer... preferably with a separate DAC and amp.

Download demo files here: the files may need to be unzipped after download https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1szl_tG9iiXeQqjuwwlhSHwkG9qOVsFxG

Open the files (one at a time) with Audacity...

Click "View" on the toolbar and choose "Mixer Board"

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.16.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 1.36.56 PM.png

Click the "Solo" button on "Bypass" Filters, starting from the left: Bypass, Neutral, Bass Ext, and Bass & Treble Ext.

Click the Green Play button...

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.19.51 AM.png

Then click the individual solo buttons in the "Mixer Board" to instantly and seamlessly switch between filters.

PS... I am not being paid or compensated by Accurate Sound in any way.

PSS. Let me know if you hear what I heard in my review... https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...b1266-φ-tc-headphones-to-another-level-r1091/

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #19,682 of 22,434
https://aacollective.wordpress.com/2022/03/30/abyss-1266-phi-tc/

Damn brutal review

"Sound
So was it worth it?
Absolutely not.
I don’t understand this headphone.
The kindest way I can describe this headphone is, “Differing levels of high schooler’s home-brew speaker system in their 2003 Honda Civic.”
With as little air gap as possible, it sounds kind of like a bad stock car stereo with the bass set to flat
With full air gap, it sounds like someone only plugged in the sub in their car
With some air gap, it sounds like that person realized they forgot to plug in the rest of the wires.
I was so ready to buy this headphone from the owner that lent these to me. I wanted a headphone for EDM music that had some elevated bass and wasn’t as mid-deficient as my LCD4. But wow, I struggle to give this headphone any legitimate compliments. "
Oh wow, a reviewer that actually has standards. Probably the only 1266TC review not completely fueled by the need for the reviewer to validate their own purchase because they spent way too much on something bad or maintain a positive relationship w Abyss for business reasons.

Last edited:
headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #19,683 of 22,434
Oh wow, a reviewer that actually has standards. Probably the only 1266TC review not completely fueled by the need for the reviewer to validate their own purchase because they spent way too much on something bad or maintain a positive relationship w Abyss for business reasons.
My standards are high but I like the TC. Lol.

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #19,685 of 22,434
I love these headphones! They render my other high end headphones unnecessary.
Nods. I just don't listen to much else. It's kind of crazy.

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #19,686 of 22,434
I find that they satisfy. I am a diehard Audeze fan and have been since 2010 with LCD2 Rev1 and I now still enjoy my LCD4 headphones occasionally but I find that the TC’s seem to be satisfying for any music I may listen to. I have not tried the LCD5’s and I don’t have the itch to.
Exactly the same here. I've kept the LCD4 and still use them, but definitely use the Abyss more. Took me about a week tho to get the Abyss "right". They are definitely not your usual headphones, and from the review from above the guy obviously didn't know what he was doing, or maybe he was using his flip phone to drive them?

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #19,687 of 22,434

Can I just clarify, in your view anyone/everyone who has asserted/recounted a positive experience of the 1266TC is because they either:

a) Don't have "standards"? or
b) Need to validate the cost of Abyss? or
c) Have a commercial relationship with? Abyss

That's quite the hot take...

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #19,688 of 22,434
I'd like to inspect the driver's on a used set. which side can I remove without magnets falling out?

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #19,689 of 22,434
Can I just clarify, in your view anyone/everyone who has asserted/recounted a positive experience of the 1266TC is because they either:

His take is obsolete. Love ya, @Joe Skubinski ABYSS_SMILEY_tiny.png

Mar 31, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #19,690 of 22,434

I validate my addiction with 6 under my belt. Price has not fixed my issues. Not my fault they sound good. I love that they look weird. I love that bass isn't like other headphones.

Joe can hate my guts and I'll still buy his stuff. If his sound turns crap then yes I'll stop

I do need a new women to validate me as the last one totally crapped me into the abyss of black mold.

People crap on something as it might be what rich people buy. I remember the Russian Mafia guy at Valley Forge entering the baracks and bragging about his $700 Versace pants(fancy jeans). That guy makes license plates at the federal pen now. He would be the example of what people would think of the type of people that buy Abyss headphones. So they have to find Abyss to be Gucci of headphones and create a deep resentment towards it. Unless we as a whole have really bad hearing.

Mar 31, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #19,691 of 22,434
Mar 31, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #19,695 of 22,434
I use the most primitive early 1266 because I think TC sound is very bad
If TC sounds is very bad, what is very good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back