The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #14,986 of 22,434
Oh, a treat.

Ah, Between the Buried and Me... I have the 'Parallax II: Future Sequence" album but it's been a long while. Yeah, I can get into this but I'd need to take off my other hat(s) and put the metal hat on and get in the mood for it. Thanks! That's intense on many levels. :metal:

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #14,987 of 22,434
Ah, Between the Buried and Me... I have the 'Parallax II: Future Sequence" album but it's been a long while. Yeah, I can get into this but I'd need to take off my other hat(s) and put the metal hat on and get in the mood for it. Thanks! That's intense on many levels. :metal:
I knew you must have known. When you put the metal hat on check out both Automata albums.

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #14,988 of 22,434
I knew you must have known. When you put the metal hat on check out both Automata albums.
Alright, will definitely do. TC will definitely make it easier for me to put the metal hat on more often. Seriously, metal has never sounded so good! And with these posts we have taken this TC thread over the millennium mark! Haha

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #14,989 of 22,434
Okay, I have favorited these, 'Coma Ecliptic', and 'Colors' on Qobuz to return to later.

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #14,990 of 22,434
Alright, will definitely do. TC will definitely make it easier for me to put the metal hat on more often. Seriously, metal has never sounded so good! And with these posts we have taken this TC thread over the millennium mark! Haha
That's because the TC is the best no matter what those sus boys say. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #14,991 of 22,434
Apr 7, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #14,993 of 22,434
Hehe, we TC boys should take the high road here now. :wink:
Na.
Where's the fun in that.:jecklinsmile:
Ya. 1597450347302.png

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #14,994 of 22,434
I have to echo the user that says his favorite are the last ones he had on his head.

Apr 7, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #14,995 of 22,434
Let's all take a moment to celebrate reaching 1000 pages of this Abyss...:pray:
IMG_9918.jpgIMG_9928.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #14,996 of 22,434
Have been waiting for this moment, congrats abyss and abyss community

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #14,998 of 22,434
Yeah, that search for the "Holy Grail" is fun but it can also get frustrating and you always feel like you are never quite there. But I guess that's why we are here and we keep reaching for it.
I miss the time when I was looking at "more affordable" (to my wallet) gear, as I was able to buy both and then sell one for a loss. Now any side-grade costs as much as TOTL headphone and a true-blind-buy-gear-everyone-agrees-on type of an upgrade gear costs like a small collection of headphones. This reminds me of fitness - when you are not accustomed to train, early gains are not impressive, but are linear/predictable/reliable, once you get to the upper echelon of fitness, you may not see gains for months, yet you are training as hard as ever. This brings me to the age old saying - we are all enjoying the journey here, but sometimes get frustrated with what we don't have, rather than satisfied with where we are right now.

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #14,999 of 22,434
I miss the time when I was looking at "more affordable" (to my wallet) gear, as I was able to buy both and then sell one for a loss. Now any side-grade costs as much as TOTL headphone and a true-blind-buy-gear-everyone-agrees-on type of an upgrade gear costs like a small collection of headphones. This reminds me of fitness - when you are not accustomed to train, early gains are not impressive, but are linear/predictable/reliable, once you get to the upper echelon of fitness, you may not see gains for months, yet you are training as hard as ever. This brings me to the age old saying - we are all enjoying the journey here, but sometimes get frustrated with what we don't have, rather than satisfied with where we are right now.
Where do you live? In the UK we are able to buy audio gear and listen to it for a month and return for a full refund if we are not happy...we just have to notified the store within 14 days of receiving the item that we want to return it but have up to 30 days total till it has to be returned.

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #15,000 of 22,434
Where do you live?
In Switzerland there are shops for 2-channel that are willing to work with you, but for high end headphone gear there is really just one store, they are super helpful, but most gear they do not have in stock (like AB-1266) so no way of even testing it at home. Some other things they do have and are willing to help you out, but even then there are limits in what they can do. No way of buying let's say Formula S, having it for a month and then deciding. As far as returns go, that's not very common here (except for one shop that sells electronics, but they don't have high end audio gear) and even there you get hit with 10% restock fee. I have managed to convince some shops when I bought something and wanted to upgrade for something else (more expensive), they worked with me and gave me a decent price (so did not need to sell first). Some equipment you can audition at the dealer, and during Pandemic they were willing to lend you stuff for a week, but again, not as liquid market as in the states or in the uk, what a pity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back