The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 21, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #13,517 of 22,462
It's our Alumiloy hookup wire, same conductors in the stock headphone cable itself, x4. Resistance of each of those leads (conductor only) ~0.003 ohms, negligible.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jan 21, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #13,519 of 22,462
my suggestion to people is to listen to your product, if it doesnt sound right look into it otherwise stop looking for trouble

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #13,520 of 22,462
Not looking to disturb the hornets nest... But shouldn't the leads to the driver be super conductor cable? wouldn't that be the purest choice if you were going to upgrade to the superconductor cable?

Please forgive me... Lol

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #13,524 of 22,462
On a more serious note, as I'm sure many here have even mor gear especially nice amps ect.
How does one go about getting insurance for these, is there a specific electronics insurance, how does it work?
I made sure it was on my home owners policy.

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #13,525 of 22,462
Well, this was awesome to see (inside the TC). I think I can see how the crinkling around the edge is insignificant to the sound because that is the adhered area where sound is not allowed to emanate. Crinkling in the open area is the only place it would be concerning and this one looks toight....toight like a tiger. :dt880smile:

Now, out of complete fairness and unbiased review, that Susvara sitting right behind the TC also needs to be opened up and photographed. :wink:

EDIT: Actually that might be one of the HE-1000 variants. Still, I'd like to see the Susvara design most of all.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #13,526 of 22,462
Well, this was awesome to see (inside the TC). I think I can see how the crinkling around the edge is insignificant to the sound because that is the adhered area where sound is not allowed to emanate. Crinkling in the open area is the only place it would be concerning and this one looks toight....toight like a tiger. :dt880smile:

Now, out of complete fairness and unbiased review, that Susvara sitting right behind the TC also needs to be opened up and photographed. :wink:
We go from crinkled drivers to flaking drivers. Christ. :joy:

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #13,527 of 22,462
Not looking to disturb the hornets nest... But shouldn't the leads to the driver be super conductor cable? wouldn't that be the purest choice if you were going to upgrade to the superconductor cable?

Please forgive me... Lol
So, I see this type of comment all the time. But, when you are talking about tiny connections, like those connecting the cable to the trace on the driver, there is virtually no resistance - the amount or type of cable needed for that connection is fairly negligible. If it were a longer cable run, you would pay more attention to the type of cable used for the connection, but there would be no difference in sound by upgrading the conductor in that tiny connection. I know it sounds strange to have a really expensive cable end up to a connection that looks like that. But, the science supports it apparently.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #13,528 of 22,462
Joe, you could nip the talk in various forums in the bud if you provide a lifetime warranty on the drivers. Rosson Audio does this as well, for example. I think in such a price segment this should be normal. Personally, I am now also a little afraid that a driver may go after the 3 year warranty and I have to pay thousands of dollars. What do you think about my point of view?

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #13,529 of 22,462
Joe, you could nip the talk in various forums in the bud if you provide a lifetime warranty on the drivers. Rosson Audio does this as well, for example. I think in such a price segment this should be normal. Personally, I am now also a little afraid that a driver may go after the 3 year warranty and I have to pay thousands of dollars. What do you think about my point of view?
I do not want to engage in this topic, as I am personally not so worried about this, but just wanted to add the information that ZMF also provides lifetime warranty of their drivers.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #13,530 of 22,462
Drivers lifetime warranty at this price point I support that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back