The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,561 of 22,434
My search is over my FRIENDS!
THIS COMBO is UNBELIEVABLE and Sounds HEAVENLY!
Thanks again two both CEO'S JOE&FRIED FOR this TWO OUTSTANDING PRODUCTS!

AB1266&VIOLECTIC V281

I hope you get the Chance to hear this DREAM TEAM
I was Hearing a Lot of AMPS(cavalli liguid Gold,auralic taurus and many more)but the V281 is WONDER MACHINE!WOAHH!

Regards NOMAX

Hey Nomax, wondering the same as Bmichels, had the pleasure of trying the abyss with this amp last month. Was a good pairing but I still felt it lacking compared to the Prautes and WA5 (with good tubes). To me it seemed a tad bright, slightly more reserved and a smaller soundstage. Though the unit was on its first day out of the box.
I've gotten to try my abyss with the LAu, Prautes, WA5, GS-X MK2, Luxman P-700u, ALO MK 3B+. But I still prefer it with my WA-5, might just be to my ears though.
Cheers :D

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,562 of 22,434
So i am wondering and laughing about the Diskussion about seal and perfekt fit

Every REAL OWNER has the CHANCE to Band in or band out the headband and after that you can stretch it out or in!

THIS Chance will not have the visitors on meets or on Festivals

And the ABYSS is very comfortable,more comfortable than AUDEZE LCD

Why V281?

I was trying AURALIC TAURUS MK 2 not enough power,cavalli liguid Gold to much OVERPRICED and not worth that money,and i am owner of both SPL PHONITORs but not enough power to Drive the ABYSS

But the New VIOLECTRIC V281 is a realy in my opinion the HERCULES and has the POWER to kick my ABYSS in the ASS and Drive it very very well

I am so happy with this combo

Sorry for my Bad english

NOMAX

Ps.sorry i am not a Fan of tube AMPS

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #1,563 of 22,434
I have been listening to the Abyss for a few months, and they are the most comfortable headphones I own. I have a very wide head, so I wear them fully stretched out, with the sides bent out, slightly toed-in. They make a minimal amount of contact with my ears, floating off the sides of my head. I put a thin eyeglass case (basically only cloth and felt) under the leather headband, and I can wear them for hours as they almost disappear.
If I slide the headband forward, the presentation becomes warmer and more intimate. If I slide it backwards, the instruments on the sides of the soundstage become more emphasized.  To adjust the bass damping, I can move the pads closer or farther from my ears. In other words, moving the headphones changes the overall tonality and image placement, like for speakers.

Ciao,

Renaud

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #1,564 of 22,434
Ps.sorry i am not a Fan of tube AMPS

Ah that would be it then :p, they are quite fiddly, had a few pairs of driver tubes go as well as 2 pairs of Sophia princesses and a pair of Full music 274b/n/+ luckily they were replaced under warranty.
Have you had the chance to pair them with the GS-X? That's my favorite SS amp I've tried with them, plenty of detail and texture much more than the LAu. After trying out a few "TOTL" amps the I actually found, for me, the LAu to be rather underwhelming. Even if the price weren't regarded.
Glad your enjoying the combo though :)

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #1,565 of 22,434
  ... I am still very curious how it compares to EC 445 and i will certainly write about it.

Pawel

Any news about the arrival of your 4-45 ?  We are eager to hear how it compare to your wonderful & rare Speaker AMP to drive ABYSS...

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,566 of 22,434
agree with nomax that the abyss is more comfortable than audeze. sure it's a clunky design but the weight is well distributed.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #1,567 of 22,434

Any news about the arrival of your 4-45 ?  We are eager to hear how it compare to your wonderful & rare Speaker AMP to drive ABYSS...

bmichels, don't forget that Pawel owns what it is near the best all around sources: TotalDac server + D1 Dual. It is why being the 4-45 or the super amp they will be on par driving the Abyss.

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,568 of 22,434
I will be getting my 445 next month, i will Write right away! I swear. So far i am pleased with kondo and abyss, though i liked 300b better. I suppose it is a matter of cables and tubes. It lacks a Little bit magic and clarity. I have ordered 2a3 eml tubes for kondo and am very curious how do they differ from original kondo that are suppose to be a nos 2a3.
And yes, totaldac source is something ver special. Tons of Detail without a " digital sharpness" and user friendly digital files based system.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #1,572 of 22,434
  Holy mother of god.  Abyss just posted this on their Facebook feed.  Custom order apparently...

Why oh why did they share this...

Is this anything to be proud of ?

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #1,573 of 22,434
I'm gonna go ahead and just assume it was ordered by Prince.

I don't know that they're necessarily proud of it, more so just showing that they can do any custom order you like.  

Makes the stock model of the Abyss look a lot more pedestrian than before.

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,575 of 22,434
  Holy mother of god.  Abyss just posted this on their Facebook feed.  Custom order apparently...

Now that's art! I wonder if snakeskin changes/alters the seal? 
tongue.gif
 I'm not sure about the comfort though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back