The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #14,207 of 22,434
Out of curiosity. Has anyone listened to Ab-1266 tc on Wa33 JPS version? It's highly recommended by Abyss but the price tag they put on it is really something.
I have the WA33 EE JPS version. I had the standard WA33 before. The WA33 EE JPS is a big step up. The sound is just so amazing. I don't really know how to describe it, but the WA33 standard sounds very, very good, the EE JPS is just better. More bass, better soundstage, better separation, more 3D. I'm very impressed by the TCs out of the WA33 EE JPS edition

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #14,208 of 22,434
Thanks
I have the WA33 EE JPS version. I had the standard WA33 before. The WA33 EE JPS is a big step up. The sound is just so amazing. I don't really know how to describe it, but the WA33 standard sounds very, very good, the EE JPS is just better. More bass, better soundstage, better separation, more 3D. I'm very impressed by the TCs out of the WA33 EE JPS edition

If you want to make another improvement to your system, dump the Innous Zenoth and Phoenix, Regen, etc, and get an Aurender N20 and connect AES/EBU. OCXO controlled SPDIF output. Also has Word Clock connection.

I took a flyer on it last week and it is so much more tonally richer and musical sounding.

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #14,209 of 22,434
Might as well get Elite jps.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #14,210 of 22,434
Thanks

If you want to make another improvement to your system, dump the Innous Zenoth and Phoenix, Regen, etc, and get an Aurender N20 and connect AES/EBU. OCXO controlled SPDIF output. Also has Word Clock connection.

I took a flyer on it last week and it is so much more tonally richer and musical sounding.
Thanks for the suggestion. Aurender has been on my radar, along with the Innuos Statement. I'll do some research and check it out

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #14,211 of 22,434
Thanks for the suggestion. Aurender has been on my radar, along with the Innuos Statement. I'll do some research and check it out

I was going to get the Statement but I had heard the Zenith Mk3 plus the Phoenix was about 90% of the Statement. I already had the combo in the past and and didn’t love it. I also liked the idea of not using USB.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #14,212 of 22,434
I was going to get the Statement but I had heard the Zenith Mk4 plus the Phoenix was about 90% of the Statement. I already had the combo in the past and and didn’t love it. I also liked the idea of not using USB.
I've auditioned the Statement several times. It is amazing!! I've also heard the same thing RE the Zenith + Phoenix combination and it is cheaper. I've also been contemplating a solution from Antipodes, but have yet to audition. A new DAC is on my list prior to a streamer / renderer.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #14,213 of 22,434
I've auditioned the Statement several times. It is amazing!! I've also heard the same thing RE the Zenith + Phoenix combination and it is cheaper. I've also been contemplating a solution from Antipodes, but have yet to audition. A new DAC is on my list prior to a streamer / renderer.

I don't understand Antipodes. They change their models so quickly. It doesn't take long before their latest and greatest (and expensive) models, are replaced by their new latest and greatest. I used to have the DX3 and it sounded nice.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #14,214 of 22,434
I don't understand Antipodes. They change their models so quickly. It doesn't take long before their latest and greatest (and expensive) models, are replaced by their new latest and greatest. I used to have the DX3 and it sounded nice.
I like them because they seem to do a decent job of balancing noise reduction and decent CPU power. I do agree that they refresh their line frequently. I'm looking at a used CX / EX. With their K series out now the previous line seems to have dropped in price.

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #14,215 of 22,434
Anyone know if there are any other higher-end cable manufacturers in the USA besides Danacables that offer 30 day money-back guarantees and returns? That is an enormous value proposition for me and really makes me want to do business with them...

The only other alternative seems to be to buy cables from Amazon, but I'm worried about the fine print in the Terms and Conditions. Seems like cables would have to be returned unopened for guaranteed acceptance of a return, which pretty much negates the benefit of using Amazon in the first place.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #14,218 of 22,434
I believe Norne does
Awesome, thanks! I also just discovered Taralabs has their own loaner program as well. They charge a flat 35% refundable deposit which is very different than the thecableco.com that basically locks you into buying cables from them or paying a potentially exorbitant "non-refundable deposit" to use the loaner service.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #14,219 of 22,434
Awesome, thanks! I also just discovered Taralabs offers there own loaner program as well. They charge a flat 35% refundable deposit which is very different than the thecableco.com that basically locks you into buying cables from them or paying a potentially exorbitant "non-refundable deposit" to use the loaner service.

Call Thr Cable Company. They loan all types of cables and brands. I believe they charge you 5% of the retail cost for doing so, but if you buy they deduct that off. I’ve used them many many many times over the years. It’s gives you a great chance to test the cable to see if you like it before buying them

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #14,220 of 22,434
Hey y’all I’ve been waiting to ask until after burn in... what could be your guess for why there’s on-off “buzzing” primarily in the left driver of my TC?
Oh no, I had that in a few of my pairs. Swap the cable channels and make sure it remains on the left. They will replace them for you. Always in the left channel for me as well. I was hoping the TC wouldn't have that issue as much as the previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back