The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 3, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #10,712 of 22,431
guys thought you may be interested in this... was going to sell my susvara to fund a TC... however after reading this it seems there is a stack that may push the susvara beyond the TC.... i had been powerign my susvara with the TT2... but always felt something off... I really think these have power requirements beyond most every HP on earth... after reading below that actually seems to be the case. The bakoon amp must be something else... I bet a TC powered by this badboy would be crazy as well.

see this review of susvara run on 5 speaker amps... Bakoon won... this thing has an easter egg feature that gets 25W/channel out of the HP jack!!!!! TBH sounds like this combo knocks down the Abyss TC.

Going to get this amp and try... will defo hold selling the susvara... i dont think even the TT2 can properly drive these... sounds like an entirely different animal with Bakoon... maby best in the world... and this Bakoon amp may be the best HP amp out there as well.

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/bakoon8/2/

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 5.22.32 AM.png

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #10,714 of 22,431
I like TC sound signature more, so for me I doubt a higher powered amp giving Suavara more power will do it for me. Preference.

May 3, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #10,715 of 22,431
guys thought you may be interested in this... was going to sell my susvara to fund a TC... however after reading this it seems there is a stack that may push the susvara beyond the TC.... i had been powerign my susvara with the TT2... but always felt something off... I really think these have power requirements beyond most every HP on earth... after reading below that actually seems to be the case. The bakoon amp must be something else... I bet a TC powered by this badboy would be crazy as well.

see this review of susvara run on 5 speaker amps... Bakoon won... this thing has an easter egg feature that gets 25W/channel out of the HP jack!!!!! TBH sounds like this combo knocks down the Abyss TC.

Going to get this amp and try... will defo hold selling the susvara... i dont think even the TT2 can properly drive these... sounds like an entirely different animal with Bakoon... maby best in the world... and this Bakoon amp may be the best HP amp out there as well.

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/bakoon8/2/

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 5.22.32 AM.png
Interesting amp design. if it has 25W into 8ohms, into 60ohms it is going to be about 6W I would guess.

May 3, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #10,716 of 22,431
Interesting amp design. if it has 25W into 8ohms, into 60ohms it is going to be about 6W I would guess.
TT2 is doing 7.5 W into 8 ohms out of jack... this thing @25W into 8 is a major step up in power.... looking at formula S specs... this is also much more powerful as well... bet it does wonders on the TC.... Gotta try it on Susvara and report back.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #10,718 of 22,431
TT2 is doing 7.5 W into 8 ohms out of jack... this thing @25W into 8 is a major step up in power.... looking at formula S specs... this is also much more powerful as well... bet it does wonders on the TC.... Gotta try it on Susvara and report back.

I've thought about trying the Bakoon. Their US distributor offers trials (minus shipping).

May 3, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #10,719 of 22,431

Planar headphones depend more on current. The formula s drives the TC and Susvara really well. I would love to give the bakoon a try though.

May 3, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #10,720 of 22,431
How much is balloon?

May 3, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #10,723 of 22,431
I like TC sound signature more, so for me I doubt a higher powered amp giving Suavara more power will do it for me. Preference.
looking at wa33 spec... bakoon quite a bit more powerful as well... might be an interesting shootout. seems like few have heard this.... every reviewer that has.. only 3 i know of... were shocked.... 1 uk, 1 german, 1 usa.... seems like susvara is bruce banner and does not turn into the hulk without something like this... need to see the hulk before i sell or will always be wondering!

May 3, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #10,724 of 22,431
looking at wa33 spec... bakoon quite a bit more powerful as well... might be an interesting shootout. seems like few have heard this.... every reviewer that has.. only 3 i know of... were shocked.... 1 uk, 1 german, 1 usa.... seems like susvara is bruce banner and does not turn into the hulk without something like this... need to see the hulk before i sell or will always be wondering!
"
Ultimate Headphone Amplifier

The best possible headphone playback has been our one ambitious requirement to fulfill since the beginning of our company. With the recent releases of our world class headphone amplifiers, we have gathered valuable experience and ideas to make even this a class above what can be expected from our AMP-13R amplifier. The JET SATRI Circuit allow a zero loss amplification factor change, which means one can fully enjoy the EXICON MOSFETs excellent sound quality, direct to the headphone. The AMP-13R also provides the highest output power we have ever designed and will drive any headphone available in the market with a breeze."

May be the grail and also super small! look at the footprint under the susvara. everyone powering the TC and susvara with amps 3 to 4X this and this is more powerful and dynamic.
6.jpg
all of them.
7.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #10,725 of 22,431
It's probably safe to say the Bakoon is incredible, Japanese know HiFi. Luxman, TAD, Shindo, Oyaide, the list goes on. Japan puts out some fine audio products.

The bakoon is not a Japanese amp. It is designed and made in South Korea. There is actually a lot of good stuff coming out of South Korea. A&K is out of South Korea too as well as Allnic who make some really great hifi tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back