The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #20,851 of 22,596
I have the seams of my earpads at 3oclock looking at the left ear pad and 9 o’clock looking at the right ear pad. The thicker part of the pad is at the back of my ears with the thinner part at the front. I find that the gap is at the bottom back of my ears. I may have a little tow in to the back increasing the gap at the back of my ears. Am I doing this right? Paradoxper has his pads opposite to mine. I am 3 o’clock on the left pad and 9 o’clock on the right.
Mine is the same as yours. There’s no right or wrong though, it depends on what sort of sound that you’re after and which position gives you the best comfort.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #20,852 of 22,596
Mine is the same as yours. There’s no right or wrong though, it depends on what sort of sound that you’re after and which position gives you the best comfort.
Pretty variable.
I have the thinner part towards the bottom of my ears which sort of hugs with the toe-out and the gap at my temple.
This just presents the best comfort and most linear sound for my head.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #20,853 of 22,596
At the advice of Abyss instructions which comes with the headphones I have the thicker part of the pad at between 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock with the seam of the pad at around 10 o’clock on the left pad. The sound is quite nice this way.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #20,854 of 22,596
At the advice of Abyss instructions which comes with the headphones I have the thicker part of the pad at between 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock with the seam of the pad at around 10 o’clock on the left pad. The sound is quite nice this way.
Have you then not tried every position available?

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #20,855 of 22,596
At this point I have and I like the sound best now. I am getting a fuller richer sound with the thicker part of the pad at between 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock with the seam at around 10 o’clock on the left pad.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #20,856 of 22,596
At this point I have and I like the sound best now. I am getting a fuller richer sound with the thicker part of the pad at between 3 o’clock and 6 o’clock with the seam at around 10 o’clock on the left pad.
Then you're all set.

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #20,857 of 22,596
I have the seams of my earpads at 3oclock looking at the left ear pad and 9 o’clock looking at the right ear pad. The thicker part of the pad is at the back of my ears with the thinner part at the front. I find that the gap is at the bottom back of my ears. I may have a little tow in to the back increasing the gap at the back of my ears. Am I doing this right? Paradoxper has his pads opposite to mine. I am 3 o’clock on the left pad and 9 o’clock on the right.
Thats how I use the pads also :slight_smile:

Nov 16, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #20,859 of 22,596
German Powermetal at it's best!
Amazing with 1266 TC.

fee_786_587_png

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #20,860 of 22,596
How do you guys replace the o-ring with new leather band?
Do you just pull the silver looking thingy apart?

The o-ring that came with the new headband seem small and I'm afraid of breaking it if I pull the headphones apart too much.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #20,861 of 22,596
Nov 16, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #20,862 of 22,596
How do you guys replace the o-ring with new leather band?
Do you just pull the silver looking thingy apart?

The o-ring that came with the new headband seem small and I'm afraid of breaking it if I pull the headphones apart too much.
Just unscrew the silver things. It's real easy with a screwdriver

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #20,864 of 22,596
The new headband o'rings won't break in normal usage, not to mention they're replaceable.
Given you have a brand new headband it will give a bit over time. We suggest to pull the metal frame full out (bend if necessary to fit your wider head) and then hang the headphone on a headphone stand for a few days. The leather will slightly stretch to a more final length after a few days (think leather shoes). If you still find the headband pulling back and too short, then replace the o'rings on the leather headband. Keep in mind it does not take much, a few mm added to each o'ring makes a big difference.

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Nov 16, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #20,865 of 22,596
The new headband o'rings won't break in normal usage, not to mention they're replaceable.
Given you have a brand new headband it will give a bit over time. We suggest to pull the metal frame full out (bend if necessary to fit your wider head) and then hang the headphone on a headphone stand for a few days. The leather will slightly stretch to a more final length after a few days (think leather shoes). If you still find the headband pulling back and too short, then replace the o'rings on the leather headband. Keep in mind it does not take much, a few mm added to each o'ring makes a big difference.
Em no... My break from hanging in headphones stand and i never hang them by leather headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back