The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #301 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh linthart, the color isnt quite that light in person, its alot closor to the other picture in the facebook album thats labeled SRV II, in case you were counting on that light blue

luckily i had noticed that you mentioned that elsewhere and i found a photo you took which im assuming looks alot closer but she's still very happy with the darker teal but yes we think lighter would have been nicer overall

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #302 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are many drivers so important? i find this race a bit ridiculous.
The thing that degrades and distort sound more is possibly the crossover. Why would anyone want more crossovers? In the speaker world this is well understood and many of the very best speakers treat this as a highly critical issue aiming to reduce crossovers or spending a LOT of money and time in developing ultra sophisticated crossovers. But something is generally clear, the less, the better.

I believe that a good two way speaker monitor can render music much better than multi-ways of the same price and above. Why is it that iem manufacturers are marketing us the opposite????

X2, i hope the multi-drivers will not be the business trick.

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #304 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmamba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
based on prelimanary info do you guys think that the jh13's are still the most neutral iem compared to the jh16 and ue18

Yes.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #307 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These new additions are eventually going to push down the price of the lower range right?

Well in all good theory yes as the JH11 PRO now has a (what looks to be permanent) price drop down to $850 from $999 with the release and success of the JH13 but the difference between the JH16 and the JH13 is subtle for most users from what Jerry has been saying so it appears the two will run side by side for the time being so IMO we wont see a price drop for some time and i feel that it will only be a minimal drop on the JH13's price if it happens.

I doubt we'll see a drop for the lower models like the JH5 and JH7 as Jerry already dropped the JH5 price when UE released the UE4.

The UE18 is already $250 more expensive than the JH13's (i think they shot themselves in the foot there a little) so competition wise, Jerry doesn't really have a reason to drop his pricing further. Not to mention that the JHAudio warranty is double that of UE's pittiful 1 year warranty. Just gotta keep an eye out on facebook and twitter for JHAudio's random '3 hour' sales or how ever long they are. Luckily he gives just a little warning for those.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #308 of 509
The one nice thing about having degrading hearing (it's official, according to those obscenely expensive folks more commonly known as doctors) is that the temptation level for spending this level of dead presidents on something this small and delicate and ultimately superfluous just barely registers above zero.

Well...there's that and the realization that I can actually get away with acting like I can't hear my wife without being on the receiving end of a kick to the groin.

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #309 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by monoblocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one nice thing about having degrading hearing (it's official, according to those obscenely expensive folks more commonly known as doctors) is that the temptation level for spending this level of dead presidents on something this small and delicate and ultimately superfluous just barely registers above zero.

Well...there's that and the realization that I can actually get away with acting like I can't hear my wife without being on the receiving end of a kick to the groin.

hahahaahaha. funniest thing i've read all week.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #310 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well in all good theory yes as the JH11 PRO now has a (what looks to be permanent) price drop down to $850 from $999 with the release and success of the JH13 but the difference between the JH16 and the JH13 is subtle for most users from what Jerry has been saying so it appears the two will run side by side for the time being so IMO we wont see a price drop for some time and i feel that it will only be a minimal drop on the JH13's price if it happens.

I doubt we'll see a drop for the lower models like the JH5 and JH7 as Jerry already dropped the JH5 price when UE released the UE4.

The UE18 is already $250 more expensive than the JH13's (i think they shot themselves in the foot there a little) so competition wise, Jerry doesn't really have a reason to drop his pricing further. Not to mention that the JHAudio warranty is double that of UE's pittiful 1 year warranty. Just gotta keep an eye out on facebook and twitter for JHAudio's random '3 hour' sales or how ever long they are. Luckily he gives just a little warning for those.

I meant more the lower range, as in the JH|5, UE4 and UM Mage price range.

There seems to be a pretty quick succession of improved models (something you don't really see in headphones/IEMs that often after all) in both customs and universals at the moment. So far, we've gotten the likes of the RE0 for universals and a number of sub $500 custom. Was interested whether we'd see this trend continue especially at the lower end for customs.

I guess it's really only a question you could answer if you know how much the moulding process actually costs, as that and the cost of getting impressions done is always going to add a pretty hefty flagfall.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #311 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by monoblocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well if it helps JHA can actually adjust the build of your IEM's based on your level of hearing loss =)

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #313 of 509
Yeah; it's been a couple of months and I'm still waiting eagerly for Jude's impressions. I would preorder them, but I want to hear something about them from someone before I decide between them and the JH13. It's starting to get close to when they'll be released and we'll start hearing about them from everyone.

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #314 of 509
I just spoke to an authorized audiologist that sells JH16s. They were supposed to receive the demo pairs this week but there was a delay due to getting in parts, so it will be another week or two before the demo pairs are out, which in turn means it will take a little longer than that for the actual pairs to come out. I decided that based on everything I hear about the JH16 that I will be getting the JH13s instead, especially after that Jerry keeps insisting they have a bass hump at 50Hz and are meant for unmastered live recordings. I love the sound of the HD800s I have and don't feel that they are bass anemic, so to me the JH13s sound perfect.

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #315 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah; it's been a couple of months and I'm still waiting eagerly for Jude's impressions....

I'm eagerly awaiting my impressions, too.
wink.gif

I still haven't heard 'em yet, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back