The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #421 of 509
I got a response back from Jamie Harvey this morning via email to my inquiry sent a few days ago. She was very kind and advised that my order will be processed and shipped sometime next week. Kudos to her for taking the time, I do appreciate it. My preorder is dated on Jan 20th. I don't know if it helps any of you on the preorder list, but at least it's one additional data point.

It's going to be a long week, for sure. It's going to be my fist custom IEM.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #422 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is that doggie with a cone on its head on the flying lady?

Dunno, it went way over my head (pun intended) too...:) It's a remarkable work of art for sure, but I personally would not prefer to have it on mine. It's a matter of taste.

I do like the 8-ball...
jecklinsmile.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #423 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by warp08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno, it went way over my head (pun intended) too...:) It's a remarkable work of art for sure, but I personally would not prefer to have it on mine. It's a matter of taste.

To my surprise, it does look good!

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #424 of 509
looks like a scab on your ear that needs pick'n!

Mar 20, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #427 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome! my gf's 16s are due to ship next week! we ordered first week of feb and finally its coming.she's very excited about it!

Oooo how did you find out when they're shipping? Did you get a lab notice?

Mar 20, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #429 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooo how did you find out when they're shipping? Did you get a lab notice?

Thanks to the wonderful folks at JH of course!She was informed by them on the estimated ship date...I tell u their customer service is hands down the best!!!

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #430 of 509
^Well, I'd expect the company whom I am giving 1k$ to treat me wonderful when I inquire about how my product is going.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #431 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Well, I'd expect the company whom I am giving 1k$ to treat me wonderful when I inquire about how my product is going.

well then, i'm pretty sure you haven't tried UE customs then. They charge 50 USD to take a picture, yes a picture of your finished product.
wink_face.gif

And i pay 1350 USD for it.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #432 of 509
Quote:

well then, i'm pretty sure you haven't tried UE customs then. They charge 50 USD to take a picture, yes a picture of your finished product.
wink_face.gif

And i pay 1350 USD for it.

are you F*ing kidding me? That is the most discraceful thing I've ever heard. Nice going Logitech!

Could you imagine if JH charged for all the mockups that Zac produces? I'd be up for more than the headphones. I swear the $50 artwork cost would cost JH far far more in wages for all the time zac spends discussing, doing mockups and adjustments all to make sure the customer is perfectly happy. So he spends a few hours per set for $50 and UE spend a few minutes for $50

i think it's clear where each companies priorities lie.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #433 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you F*ing kidding me? That is the most discraceful thing I've ever heard. Nice going Logitech!

Could you imagine if JH charged for all the mockups that Zac produces? I'd be up for more than the headphones. I swear the $50 artwork cost would cost JH far far more in wages for all the time zac spends discussing, doing mockups and adjustments all to make sure the customer is perfectly happy. So he spends a few hours per set for $50 and UE spend a few minutes for $50

i think it's clear where each companies priorities lie.

No I'm not kidding you. I have the 13s and that's the main reason why I didn't go with the 16s as I've read comments that the sound signature is similar. So based on Jude's comments, I went with the 18s.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 18s and they really do have a distinct sound signature that I really enjoy(Huge soundstage by the way). BUT the company policies in UE's case are SEVERELY lacking.It's like they want $$ for EVERYTHING.

I'm sending my 18s back for refit today and will be requesting for one of my faceplates to be replaced as the paint wasn't spread out properly, making it terribly unsightly. I shot an email to UE custom division and told them they best not try to charge me for that as it occurred during production stage. (By the way it's USD 100 to change face plates.=))

I guess you guys know where my money is going for the next custom. RIGHT JH AUDIO?
biggrin.gif

Oh, in case you guys think i'm ****ting you all. Here's the extract from the email.

Quote:

Hi XXX,

*Snip*

As previously stated, I'm sorry but we do not send pictures of the shells,artwork, etc. unless you are willing to pay an additional fee of $50.

*Snip*

Best regards,

XXXX
Sales Support Rep.
Ultimate Ears
5 Jenner, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #434 of 509
Quote:

No I'm not kidding you. I have the 13s and that's the main reason why I didn't go with the 16s as I've read comments that the sound signature is similar. So based on Jude's comments, I went with the 18s.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the 18s and they really do have a distinct sound signature that I really enjoy(Huge soundstage by the way). BUT the company policies in UE's case are SEVERELY lacking.It's like they want $$ for EVERYTHING.

I'm sending my 18s back for refit today and will be requesting for one of my faceplates to be replaced as the paint wasn't spread out properly, making it terribly unsightly. I shot an email to UE custom division and told them they best not try to charge me for that as it occurred during production stage. (By the way it's USD 100 to change face plates.=))

I guess you guys know where my money is going for the next custom. RIGHT JH AUDIO?
biggrin.gif

Oh, in case you guys think i'm ****ting you all. Here's the extract from the email.

Wow, talk about over priced lol. The whole logitech corporate thing was a huge turn off for me, especially since JH has a family run business feel to it which is nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #435 of 509
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, talk about over priced lol. The whole logitech corporate thing was a huge turn off for me, especially since JH has a family run business feel to it which is nice
smily_headphones1.gif

you just summarised it up perfectly.TBH,they make great products,its just the whole "this needs a charge,that needs a fee" that really puts me off.

JH is still the best to deal with=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back