The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #496 of 687
sent original ciems as i did with center pair and perfect first time.
i've known kaysen/kim for awhile and rode motorcycle to the old shop when i was in florida BEST FOLKS EVER TO DEAL WITH.
i send them gifts from hawaii each time i go even if its only mele macs which kaysen cant enjoy anymore from allergy but i recommend sending a small treat when you want work done.its a hawaiian thing

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #497 of 687
After 3 days of using my JH16, I think I am experiencing the same dilemma as other CIEM users. I went back to my goto UIEM the H-200 and it now sounded very tinny. The bass really is night and day in contrast.

The bass truly, powerful and is emphasized when it's really supposed to be there. It does seem to overpower the mids and high a bit but doesn't really mask them.

Mids and highs are as clear as crystal with lots of detail. It's just the bass is the emphasis on tunes with lots of bass. But it does not get in the way of tunes which it is not the focus like soft melodies. Overall, for me it's pretty much a detailed and fun headphone. 

I'm glad I chose this over JH13, which by the way is not an easy choice. I spent late nights doing research, reading reviews, forums, impressions after another.

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #500 of 687
I would be afraid to order one. It would get mistaken for a hockey puck around here!

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #501 of 687
I'm loving my JH16s. I wear them at work during the day to seal out the world. I found a microphone ap for iOS that lets me keep my iem in and carry on a conversation. Runs on both the ipad and iphone. Slight lag on my ipad 3 but not enough to bother me to save the trouble of twisting out every time someone needs my attention. I haven't tried it on the iphone 5 to see if there is less lag. I keep forgetting to look for my plug adapter to let the jh cable work with the recess in my case.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vonbruno-microphone/id482337530?mt=8

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #503 of 687
i think it's quite relevant to post this question here, what amp do u guys used that u think it matched well with the jh16 ? just curious, btw, i'm planning to get a new dap after i got my jh16, do u guys reckon rwak100 or unmod ak120? Because seems like rwak100s require external amp which i still not sure if i'm going to amp my jh16

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #504 of 687
i think it's quite relevant to post this question here, what amp do u guys used that u think it matched well with the jh16? just curious, btw, i'm planning to get a new dap after i got my jh16, do u guys reckon rwak100 or unmod ak120? Because seems like rwak100s require external amp which i still not sure if i'm going to amp my jh16

I am currently testing the O2 from JDS Labs. The amp is probably overkill with JH16 for most people but the JH16 just sounds very solid with this amp. It reaveals details no matter how small without sounding boring or over-analytical, without any hint of coloration or distortion. In short this combination to me is very neutral and crisp. I really love to hear all the details/nuances of a recording so far I really enjoy this combo.

The only problem is size which like many here like to say is "transportable rather than portable".

I also have an M8 and a PHA1 which I would like to compare soon. In my opinion, the O2/JH16 can rival my desktop setup of Hifi-M8/Beyer T1.

Yes JH16 can go against a full-size headphone in terms of SQ. I still have to do more comparisons to gauge how wide/narrow the margin is.

Now that I have JH16 and with a very good amp, I can't go back to UIEMs.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #505 of 687
I am currently testing the O2 from JDS Labs. The amp is probably overkill with JH16 for most people but the JH16 just sounds very solid with this amp. It reaveals details no matter how small without sounding boring or over-analytical, without any hint of coloration or distortion. In short this combination to me is very neutral and crisp. I really love to hear all the details/nuances of a recording so far I really enjoy this combo.

The only problem is size which like many here like to say is "transportable rather than portable".

I also have an M8 and a PHA1 which I would like to compare soon. In my opinion, the O2/JH16 can rival my desktop setup of Hifi-M8/Beyer T1.

Yes JH16 can go against a full-size headphone in terms of SQ. I still have to do more comparisons to gauge how wide/narrow the margin is.

Now that I have JH16 and with a very good amp, I can't go back to UIEMs.

Nice write up, interested to hear your impressions with the M8. I don't think "neutral" really goes with JH16 though 
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #506 of 687
  i think it's quite relevant to post this question here, what amp do u guys used that u think it matched well with the jh16? just curious, btw, i'm planning to get a new dap after i got my jh16, do u guys reckon rwak100 or unmod ak120? Because seems like rwak100s require external amp which i still not sure if i'm going to amp my jh16

I am very pleased with the Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp. You can usually pick up a used one for a good price.

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #508 of 687

I am very pleased with the Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp. You can usually pick up a used one for a good price.

i know that's pretty good, but i dont have an idevice, oh wait, does it accept 3.5mm input as well?

Yes, it is right next to the iDevice USB input.

Nov 8, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #510 of 687
I use an iPod classic with all lossless files to feed the HP-P1 and JH16's. The JH16's sound very full and solid. Detail is clear and accurate across all frequencies. The bass is powerful but not boomy. Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back