The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #451 of 687
longbowbbs, but a lot of people claim that balancer armatures does not burn-in.

Yes they do. I am no scientist. However, Many of us have found that the JH16's improve after some time on them. I have no idea why. However, IMO mine did open up after about 150 hours or so. The mids and highs caught up with the extra bass to make a more coherent sound signature. I have quit debating with the other people and just enjoy my JH16's. YMMV.

beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #452 of 687
Dont worry longbowbbs is speaking words of wisdom here. Let it be......
Seriously, you just have to give it at least 150-200 hours before you can seriously come to any conclusions about sound.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #454 of 687
People need to realize that with IEM's it is imperative that you feed them a good source, garbage in garbage out, they will not hide a bad recording. There is a reason musicians use custom IEM's.

Big time +1

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #458 of 687
Oct 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #459 of 687
Thanks for the feedback guys. I haven't judged these CIEMs yet just merely giving my initial impressions. Like I said I am very optimistic with the JH16s. I am hoping to post something great about these after 150+ hours like many have done so in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #460 of 687
Thaigaryen, I am in the same boat as you. My new JH16's aren't as detailed, airy or open as I was hoping for. I am driving them with good content, played on an AK100 with an ALO International amp. I am hoping new cables from Double Helix will help out, as well as more time spent burning in. I probably have around 40 hours on them so far. The fit isn't the best on my right ear, primarily due to how it jams against my outer ear, but that seems to be getting better with time.

I also have a Centrance HiFi M8 on order so I can use my iPods lying around, and maybe that will help as well.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #461 of 687
Would anyone know if the sound would stay the same upon re shelling from a different company ?
I am after a used pair and would most likely send them to unique melody for re shelling.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #462 of 687
  Would anyone know if the sound would stay the same upon re shelling from a different company ?
I am after a used pair and would most likely send them to unique melody for re shelling.

Anybody else can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anybody but JH can Freqphase it. So yes, you will lose sound quality. You could try and contact JH to see if you could work something out but I doubt it. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #463 of 687

Anybody else can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anybody but JH can Freqphase it. So yes, you will lose sound quality. You could try and contact JH to see if you could work something out but I doubt it. 

I'm probably wrong but if FreqPhase is just the driver placement and tube design, then UM can probably mimick and get it close, knowing UM. Just be prepared to wait 14 weeks just for the reshell and even more if they're going to have to test Freqphase mimicking.

Nov 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #464 of 687
  Thaigaryen, I am in the same boat as you. My new JH16's aren't as detailed, airy or open as I was hoping for. I am driving them with good content, played on an AK100 with an ALO International amp. I am hoping new cables from Double Helix will help out, as well as more time spent burning in. I probably have around 40 hours on them so far. The fit isn't the best on my right ear, primarily due to how it jams against my outer ear, but that seems to be getting better with time.

I also have a Centrance HiFi M8 on order so I can use my iPods lying around, and maybe that will help as well.

You should use an amp with output impedance close to 0. The international has about 21 Ohm. You loose bass and the phone doesn't sound how it should and how it was tuned. I have an AK120 and I dont listen with my jh16pro straight from the headphone out. I would never use the international for amping the jh16pro...

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #465 of 687

I'm probably wrong but if FreqPhase is just the driver placement and tube design, then UM can probably mimick and get it close, knowing UM. Just be prepared to wait 14 weeks just for the reshell and even more if they're going to have to test Freqphase mimicking.

14 weeks of waiting? The JH16 takes roughly 4 weeks to build from scratch. Speaking of which, just got a tracking info from JHAudio my JH16PRO is on transit.
beerchug.gif

The 4 weeks I spent waiting for it is agonizing let alone 14 weeks for a re-shelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back