The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #421 of 687
  I think that is just an enthusiast's curse that we need to try the high end. Then get a realization later the price difference do not commensurate with the 5-10 % different in performance/SQ.

However, it still feels satisfying knowing you experience the TOTL. This is my first custom and maybe the last. I just want to enjoy that last 5-10% SQ custom has to offer against that $300-500 universals.

It's the same cycle all over again I had with the golden age of PC DIYs.
dt880smile.png

Like many other investment, audio is one that is of diminishing return.... the more you invest the less you get per dollar spent .... nonetheless as audio enthusiast we all want to listen to the best... as long as there is room for possible improvement.... we just got to try it to find out for ourselves. That extra 700-800 is just worth it for that 5-10% improvement.... but most importantly is to buy within your own means. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #422 of 687
Still waiting for my JH16 and the wait is killing me.  They received my impressions on 9/12 but didn't processed it until 9/19.  So I guess my wait is almost over....I hope.  I figure they're probably a little busier than usual right after the Labor Day sale.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #423 of 687
Still waiting for my JH16 and the wait is killing me.  They received my impressions on 9/12 but didn't processed it until 9/19.  So I guess my wait is almost over....I hope.  I figure they're probably a little busier than usual right after the Labor Day sale.

Same here, still waiting for my JH16. My order status says the impression was received and processed at the same day (Oct 8).

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #424 of 687

Same here, still waiting for my JH16. My order status says the impression was received and processed at the same day (Oct 8).

Don't worry too much from time they receive the impressions it should take about 2 weeks before they ship it out. There won't be any other status change. My last status was "Impression received and order processed" and suddenly 2 weeks later without any update I receive an email saying I got a package arriving the next day. Even till now my order status is still unchanged ... lol

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #425 of 687

Don't worry too much from time they receive the impressions it should take about 2 weeks before they ship it out. There won't be any other status change. My last status was "Impression received and order processed" and suddenly 2 weeks later without any update I receive an email saying I got a package arriving the next day. Even till now my order status is still unchanged ... lol

Dude, you weren't kidding!  One day after my post about my anticipation and guess what?  I came home and there it is, a Fedex package from JH Audio sitting there.  You're right my order status still says "Received/Processed" on their website and no email of delivery confirmation.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #426 of 687
Dude, you weren't kidding!  One day after my post about my anticipation and guess what?  I came home and there it is, a Fedex package from JH Audio sitting there.  You're right my order status still says "Received/Processed" on their website and no email of delivery confirmation.  :beerchug:

Hmmm I had an email by fedex regarding the package not jh ... lol ... guess its jh's way to surprise us haha

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #428 of 687
  My JH16's arrived today. Thrilled is an understatement.

Congrats! Pic's when you can.  You do need 5 posts before you can add pictures.

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #429 of 687
I sold my JH16s a couple months ago so I could get the freqphase, now I'm on the fence with the Roxanne's out, but I still think I'm going JH16 the sound signature is perfect to me

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #430 of 687
  Congrats! Pic's when you can.  You do need 5 posts before you can add pictures.

Thanks, I thought that was the case. Long time lurker with not much to contribute 'til now.

I was able to get the one up on my avatar. iPhone IEM selfie at work. I'm looking forward to getting them home to take some nice pics. 

Solid black with titanium and transparent black art.

Oct 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #431 of 687
Looking good! Enjoy them. They are the best I have ever heard.

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #434 of 687
  I sold my JH16s a couple months ago so I could get the freqphase, now I'm on the fence with the Roxanne's out, but I still think I'm going JH16 the sound signature is perfect to me

I feel your pain.  I think I'm going to sell my 16's to fund the roxanne, then probably sell that to fund the siren version of the jh3a.
Then I gotta sell my intuos 12wx to fund the intuos 22hd
then gotta save money to buy the oculus rift
then gotta save money to build a brand new computer system because I hate being 'outdated'

Damn you technology!

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #435 of 687

I feel your pain.  I think I'm going to sell my 16's to fund the roxanne, then probably sell that to fund the siren version of the jh3a.
Then I gotta sell my intuos 12wx to fund the intuos 22hd
then gotta save money to buy the oculus rift
then gotta save money to build a brand new computer system because I hate being 'outdated'

Damn you technology!

Talking about 1 step ahead
beerchug.gif

I have yet to receive my JH16. I hope it is the end game for me on IEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back