The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #391 of 687
You might want to wait for their new flagship "Roxanne" before you decide which one to get.
k701smile.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #393 of 687
You know what?  After only 4 months, my silver chris's-cable-built-by-ted started cutting out yesterday at the 3.5mm jack :frowning2:
I went back to the original jh16 cable and it's so strange....it's not bad at all!  I think I actually hear a little more detail out of it.  And voices sound a bit cleaner.  Bass is definitely less defined though :frowning2:

Now should I get another cable, or just save my money for the roxanne?  Oh cruel audio gods, why?!

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #394 of 687
  You know what?  After only 4 months, my silver chris's-cable-built-by-ted started cutting out yesterday at the 3.5mm jack :frowning2:
I went back to the original jh16 cable and it's so strange....it's not bad at all!  I think I actually hear a little more detail out of it.  And voices sound a bit cleaner.  Bass is definitely less defined though :frowning2:

Now should I get another cable, or just save my money for the roxanne?  Oh cruel audio gods, why?!

Roxanne!

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #395 of 687
I am not sure, as I am starting to look around at options. Here is what I have sort of narrowed down my search to:

Moon Audio Silver Dragon (looks cheap, though)
HPL chris_himself 100% silver cable (termination options galore!)
Double Helix (gosh, so many options with Peter's cables. I am very satisfied with my LCD-2 cable he built for me)

I would suggest contact Ted Allen at Headphone Lounge. I have been using his OCC silver cables for 10 months without a problem. Great guy to deal with and always stands behind his work. If you have a problem Ted with make it right. Also, probably the most competitive prices and build time in days not months.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #397 of 687
I just got my JH16s this morning! These are my first CIEMs. I've been wearing Shure SE-535s w/ triple flange almost daily for over 4 years, so I'm sure the hard acrylic shell will take some getting used to. But I have noticed that the left ear fits a bit more snugly than the right ear, and I may be imagining it, but the sound seems louder (or more pronounced) in the left ear. Should each ear feel identical in feel/fit? They are not uncomfortable, just the left ear feels slightly tighter in a good way.

The bass is not as overwhelming as I anticipated given all I've read about them. They sound a little boomy, as I've noticed has been reported while burning-in in this thread. The bass gets slightly little more "rumble-action" when I push each monitor into my ear canal more. Is any of this indicative of not having the perfect fit/seal?

Thanks! I value your collective insight and I'm glad to be finally joining the JH16 party!

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #398 of 687
I used this to verify http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833 . It worked in my case. I broke the seal a couple of times with a pen next to my jh16 to know how it sounds without and to make sure everything is fine..

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #399 of 687
  I just got my JH16s this morning! These are my first CIEMs. I've been wearing Shure SE-535s w/ triple flange almost daily for over 4 years, so I'm sure the hard acrylic shell will take some getting used to. But I have noticed that the left ear fits a bit more snugly than the right ear, and I may be imagining it, but the sound seems louder (or more pronounced) in the left ear. Should each ear feel identical in feel/fit? They are not uncomfortable, just the left ear feels slightly tighter in a good way.

The bass is not as overwhelming as I anticipated given all I've read about them. They sound a little boomy, as I've noticed has been reported while burning-in in this thread. The bass gets slightly little more "rumble-action" when I push each monitor into my ear canal more. Is any of this indicative of not having the perfect fit/seal?

Thanks! I value your collective insight and I'm glad to be finally joining the JH16 party!

Congrats! The color is nice!

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #400 of 687
Try working with twisting the shells, also pull down on your earlobe before you put the ciem in.  

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #401 of 687
I had the same condition with my JH16.....louder in left ear. Even after sending back it wasn't corrected. It was too distracting to listen that way so sold it for a huge loss and went back to universals.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #403 of 687

Is that the Titanium faceplate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back