The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #381 of 687
Anyone got any tips or tricks for removing your stock cable? Been using my jh16 fps for 2 months but never been able to remove the stock cable out of the socket. It's so rigid

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #383 of 687
Anyone got any tips or tricks for removing your stock cable? Been using my jh16 fps for 2 months but never been able to remove the stock cable out of the socket. It's so rigid

Don't pull on the plug directly. Grip it tightly with your fingers, and push away from the shell with your finger. You must do this so you don't bend your pins while pulling them out. Pinching them out while squeezing your fingers against the shell is the safest way. You need to have a deathgrip.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #384 of 687

My JH16's arrived a few days ago and I am loving them. Yes, they are definitely warm and before I had any burn-in time they were a bit thumpy and dare I say a little sloppy. After 12 hours of leaving them along during burn-in they really tightened up and the soundstage opened up quite a bit. I am very happy, but I do feel a 3rd party IEM cable is my next purchase. Since the JH16 is still on the warm side, I will likely go with a silver cable to try to even things out a bit. I am using the JH16's with an AK100 / ALO International.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #385 of 687

My JH16's arrived a few days ago and I am loving them. Yes, they are definitely warm and before I had any burn-in time they were a bit thumpy and dare I say a little sloppy. After 12 hours of leaving them along during burn-in they really tightened up and the soundstage opened up quite a bit. I am very happy, but I do feel a 3rd party IEM cable is my next purchase. Since the JH16 is still on the warm side, I will likely go with a silver cable to try to even things out a bit. I am using the JH16's with an AK100 / ALO International.

Good for you. As for me, I am in agony. It's just been a week after I sent my order already can't wait to get my hands on JH16. It still a long wait I know.

Are you going to try the moon silver dragon cable?

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #386 of 687
I am not sure, as I am starting to look around at options. Here is what I have sort of narrowed down my search to:

Moon Audio Silver Dragon (looks cheap, though)
HPL chris_himself 100% silver cable (termination options galore!)
Double Helix (gosh, so many options with Peter's cables. I am very satisfied with my LCD-2 cable he built for me)

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #387 of 687
  I am not sure, as I am starting to look around at options. Here is what I have sort of narrowed down my search to:

Moon Audio Silver Dragon (looks cheap, though)
HPL chris_himself 100% silver cable (termination options galore!)
Double Helix (gosh, so many options with Peter's cables. I am very satisfied with my LCD-2 cable he built for me)

From your options looks like Moon Audio is the cheapest. Double Helix is way expensive I think.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #388 of 687
True. Very true. I am sensitive to microphonics, as they just annoy me, so I need to do my research to see what the best avenue will be. I also would love a cable that doesn't tangle easily and is on the smaller side.

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #389 of 687
I'm also thinking of getting a silver cable if that really makes a substantial difference. If only we could audition cables like headphones ...

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #390 of 687
Treble wise the JH16 pro is the best CIEM right? i am looking into getting one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back