The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Aug 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #242 of 687
Quote:
I have found that JH16s are the best audio equipment I've ever listened to, and I've tried nearly every brand

beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #244 of 687
I prefer the JH13 FP, but then I dont think I have heard the JH16 properly from day one as I always found them to be bright and sibilant... We'll see what they are like when they come back from JH Audio

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #245 of 687
Does anyone else find their cables nearly impossible remove? They're in there so tight I can't believe they aren't glued in. I know I'm going to get an upgraded cable for them and will eventually have to swap out cables. But I don't want to break a pin off in the shell.

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #246 of 687
Proper way to pull them out is to grip them tight and push off the shell so you don't actually pull the plugs directly. It's important you do this so you don't bend the pins too much.

The first 4-5 times will be stiff as hell, I had to use a nose head plier... After that the sockets get looser and it gets much easier to change cables.
Quote:
Does anyone else find their cables nearly impossible remove? They're in there so tight I can't believe they aren't glued in. I know I'm going to get an upgraded cable for them and will eventually have to swap out cables. But I don't want to break a pin off in the shell.

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #247 of 687
Thanks girls!

Proper way to pull them out is to grip them tight and push off the shell so you don't actually pull the plugs directly. It's important you do this so you don't bend the pins too much.

The first 4-5 times will be stiff as hell, I had to use a nose head plier... After that the sockets get looser and it gets much easier to change cables.

Aug 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #248 of 687
Had six beautiful months with my JH 16's, and then I got cocky and went out and got a 2.2 channel system.  Now the 16's don't sound as good anymore :frowning2:

But where they do still win, hands down, no questions asked, is their clarity and low-end definition. 

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #249 of 687
Different animals for different purposes.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #250 of 687
Hallo, 

I just went to the audiologist for getting ear impressions. I didn't know  that I have to open my mouth very wide.
My mouth was open for about 3/4 inch. Do you guys think this is enough or should I consider another audiologist ?
He didnt have a bite block so my mouth was just open by itself.

I already know that u have to do an open mouth impression because of the snug fit when you close your mouth. 
But I don't know how much you should open your mouth. I also read that some people prefer closed mouth impressions because they use their customs just for private listening ( like myself)

hope u guys can help me 1149 $ is a lot of money...

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #251 of 687
Quote:
Hallo, 

I just went to the audiologist for getting ear impressions. I didn't know  that I have to open my mouth very wide.
My mouth was open for about 3/4 inch. Do you guys think this is enough or should I consider another audiologist ?

I already know that u have to do an open mouth impression because of the snug fit when you close your mouth. 
But I don't know how much you should open your mouth. I also read that some people prefer closed mouth impressions because they use their customs just for private listening ( like myself)

JHA recommends that you fully open your mouth to avoid breaking the seal with jaw movement.

Most of the Audiologist don't find it necessary though. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #252 of 687
Quote:
Hallo, 

I did a fully closed mouth.

The open mouth is for singers so that the seal doesnt break.

I havent had a problem with the seal of my jh16s

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #253 of 687
I think I should just give it a try. Otherwise I just send them back again for refit. I am also putting a letter for engineers in box of my impressions. I wrote that I didn't have my mouth fully opened and I am just using them for private audiophile listening.
Thanks for the quick replies. I will keep u guys updated. I am ordering next week with the 100 $ rush fee :)

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #254 of 687
Quote:
Quote:
Hallo, 

I did a fully closed mouth.

The open mouth is for singers so that the seal doesnt break.

I havent had a problem with the seal of my jh16s

not necessary. So far I owned 4 pairs of CIEM always did an open mouth (half open) ear impression sets never have any seal issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back