The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #256 of 687
Mine was about 1/2 inch with a bite block. So far things are good.

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #258 of 687
Which dac/amps have you guys had the best luck with (with the jh16 w/fp)?  

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #259 of 687
Fostex HP-P1 Dac/Amp Works great!

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #260 of 687
My audiologist was arrogant, and it seems like most are, by the look of things.  He told me I didn't need a bite block, and that jh audio was just being paranoid.  I left my jaw loose though. 

It all turned out fine, no fit issues but I didn't like his attitude.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #261 of 687
My audiologist who took my impressions was an artist who owned CIEMs himself, who also experienced the lack of skill of many audiologists/technicians who did his molds. So now he practices and makes sure his clients get a perfect fit the first time. 

Bite block is so that your jaws don't move. 

As long as your audiologist knew what he was doing, it should be fine. Some inexperienced audiologists don't pack the silicone tightly enough and it makes for a looser fit. 

Any kind of health practitioner who is arrogant should have their license taken away, imho...

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #262 of 687
I think the best advice is to follow the directions of the company making your CIEMS.  Open mouth with a bite block is usually what's advised for acylic based CIEMS.  Closed mouth and smaller bite blocks are often associated with silicone CIEMs.

Each individual's ear canals are different and the amount and type of deformation with jaw movement can vary.

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #263 of 687

Any kind of health practitioner who is arrogant should have their license taken away, imho...

Exactly my opinion! 

I had luck with my audiologist. He told me that he was a speaker engineer before he became a audiologist. He said that if I put the volume always to the max I will be back as a customer in several years but not for Custom-IEM... 

I am going to order tomorrow ! I am facing problems with my credit card at the moment.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #264 of 687
My Audiologist works with a lot of bands. He has them sing during the fitting just like they would be doing on stage. Guess it works. I tried not to move, lol! 

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #265 of 687
Guys, need help choosing a cable for my jh16s.

Filtered down to:

1. Toxic cable - £155
2. HPL Audio - £130

Toxic has a wait period of 10 weeks...at least!! HPL are like 3 weeks.

Any input from guys that have experience with these cables would be great!!

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #266 of 687
I posted a separate thread for this question but should have just asked here...I just got my JH16's this weekend, I love them but notice a annoying suction/loud popping sound on my right ear.  The sound does not really degrade but it's pretty common when I am moving and distracting.  I notice when i look up with my mouth closed the same thing happens.  My left canal tip seeps to be longer and I don't really have this issue though it does move a little.   Do you think I should extend the canal tips or maybe just get a wider aperture so the seal is better.   The popping does not happen when I put those comply strips around the aperture area so I am thinking that's what I should do.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #267 of 687
Quote:

Filtered down to:

1. Toxic cable - £155
2. HPL Audio - £130

Toxic's are worth the wait....IMO they are the very best cables you can buy....However, they do require patience. Sometimes quite a bit of patience.

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #268 of 687
I have HPL audio cables and they're amazing (I've also tried Toxic, and MANY other cables). TOTL quality with genuine OCC wires. Toxic is good too but 10 weeks is two and a half months. I'm also aware it's much longer than 10 weeks. However, 3 weeks is 3 weeks. Save some money and treat yourself to a nice dinner.
I don't think I can ever wait over 2 months for a cable, I had a hard time waiting 4 weeks for the JH16...
Make sure you buy from hplaudio.com. 
Quote:

Filtered down to:

1. Toxic cable - £155
2. HPL Audio - £130

Being a supremus, you should know better than to post things like this. 
biggrin.gif

IMO they are the very best cables you can buy....

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #269 of 687
Quote:
I posted a separate thread for this question but should have just asked here...I just got my JH16's this weekend, I love them but notice a annoying suction/loud popping sound on my right ear.  The sound does not really degrade but it's pretty common when I am moving and distracting.  I notice when i look up with my mouth closed the same thing happens.  My left canal tip seeps to be longer and I don't really have this issue though it does move a little.   Do you think I should extend the canal tips or maybe just get a wider aperture so the seal is better.   The popping does not happen when I put those comply strips around the aperture area so I am thinking that's what I should do.

What you should do is contact JH and describe this issue to them, and send it back. :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #270 of 687

Users who are viewing this thread

Back