The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #182 of 687
It's becoming windy here, and I noticed that on low volumes I can hear the wind although I have almost perfect seal.

Anyone having the same issue ? 

That's normal for ciems.

Aug 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #183 of 687
Wooh!! My jh16's will be at my house tomorrow! I'm so excited. On Monday they asked me what colour I wanted the shells cause the online designer messed up a little, And they shipped them out later that day!

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #184 of 687
I'm now listening to my JH16's and I have to say wow... Initially I was unimpressed and I wasn't even sure that they were working properly. I soon adjusted to the sound signature and I'm blown away. The isolation is incredible! I haven't gotten a chance to test them while on my drum kit but my isolation test, ( snapping my fingers beside my ear) proved to be promising. The detail is incredible, I'm hearing things I've never heard in songs. I'm getting the full reverb extension that I've been missing, I can hear the echo of the recording room that they tracked in, I can hear the sparkling sounds trailing off in my EDM music, I can hear EVERYTHING. 

Hahaha I need to stop spouting random praise for these things. I'll be writing a proper review from a musicians view tomorrow night when I've had a chance to properly test them on my kit. I'm so excited to finally be able to practice my songs without the problems of fitting IEM's under my ear muffs or cranking the volume over my cymbals!

So much to say and I've barely had a chance to hear them today.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #185 of 687
Quote:
I'm now listening to my JH16's and I have to say wow... Initially I was unimpressed and I wasn't even sure that they were working properly. I soon adjusted to the sound signature and I'm blown away. The isolation is incredible! I haven't gotten a chance to test them while on my drum kit but my isolation test, ( snapping my fingers beside my ear) proved to be promising. The detail is incredible, I'm hearing things I've never heard in songs. I'm getting the full reverb extension that I've been missing, I can hear the echo of the recording room that they tracked in, I can hear the sparkling sounds trailing off in my EDM music, I can hear EVERYTHING. 

Hahaha I need to stop spouting random praise for these things. I'll be writing a proper review from a musicians view tomorrow night when I've had a chance to properly test them on my kit. I'm so excited to finally be able to practice my songs without the problems of fitting IEM's under my ear muffs or cranking the volume over my cymbals!

So much to say and I've barely had a chance to hear them today.

What IEMs have you had before the 16's ? 

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #189 of 687
Quote:
Please explain what you mean by that?

I mean you're not coming from tier-A IEM or anywhere close. It literally took me months to get used to the JH16 sound signature. My first impression was like yours but it lasted weeks.

I spent a lot of time matching impedances, changing cables, DACs and Amps to find my taste. 

I still "meh"  sometimes when I listen to some "not perfect" recordings. The 16's for me are just a disaster with bad recordings.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #190 of 687
I hate this community sometimes. Looks like I'm convinced in selling my asg-2 and getting a pair of JH16. Hate you guys. Well at least my wallet does. Probably the gf too. Maybe my dogs too. =\

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #191 of 687
I mean you're not coming from tier-A IEM or anywhere close. It literally took me months to get used to the JH16 sound signature. My first impression was like yours but it lasted weeks.

I spent a lot of time matching impedances, changing cables, DACs and Amps to find my taste. 

I still "meh"  sometimes when I listen to some "not perfect" recordings. The 16's for me are just a disaster with bad recordings.
I'm really starting to realize what a sound engineer does to recordings. The jh16 doesn't hide anything, in fact it makes some tracks I know and love almost unbearable. It exposes bad panning, bad vocal eq, and mistakes like people talking in the seconds after recordings.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #192 of 687
Quote:
I hate this community sometimes. Looks like I'm convinced in selling my asg-2 and getting a pair of JH16. Hate you guys. Well at least my wallet does. Probably the gf too. Maybe my dogs too. =\

It is not a budget friendly website....

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #193 of 687
I don't think you're pointing your finger in the right direction. You shouldn't hate the community you should try to exercise some restraint on your self. No one from this site is pointing a gun at your head to sell your asg-2. You're the only one that can make the choice for you.

So please don't say you hate a community you choose to be a part of.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #194 of 687
Quote:
I don't think you're pointing your finger in the right direction. You shouldn't hate the community you should try to exercise some restraint on your self. No one from this site is pointing a gun at your head to sell your asg-2. You're the only one that can make the choice for you.

So please don't say you hate a community you choose to be a part of.

I don't think you have a good grasp of sarcasm. I have been looking on this forum for 6 years and have been an active member for almost 2 years. I have participated in discussions and tried to help others when asked. I have also taken part in the buy/sell subforum, which should indicate that I do not under any circumstance, actually dislike this community. I apologize if I offended you by my remarks, but I did not think anyone here would have actually thought that I hated this community.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #195 of 687
I don't think you have a good grasp of sarcasm. I have been looking on this forum for 6 years and have been an active member for almost 2 years. I have participated in discussions and tried to help others when asked. I have also taken part in the buy/sell subforum, which should indicate that I do not under any circumstance, actually dislike this community. I apologize if I offended you by my remarks, but I did not think anyone here would have actually thought that I hated this community.
Sorry about that but if you reread your comment it seems like someone who is angry at the community. Also sarcasm is at the best of times hard or impossible to decipher from voiceless text. It's not that I don't have a good grasp of sarcasm it's that you just can't tell with your comment.

I'm on my phone and I can't see the number of posts someone has or how long they have been on the site. I'm sorry I didn't instantly know who you were when I joined the site. You should start PMing everyone who joins head fi and tell them who you are. That way everyone will know when you are and when you aren't being serious. PS That was sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back