The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #662 of 687
  Just a random thought ... was wondering how can i tell all my 8 drivers on each side is still working fine and that none of it is dead ?

There should be significant sound differences when you're playing a song through the device via your JH16. Just that it is a bit difficult to determine exactly which driver is blown.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #663 of 687
  Just a random thought ... was wondering how can i tell all my 8 drivers on each side is still working fine and that none of it is dead ?

audiocheck.net 

Run a frequency sweep

Mar 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #666 of 687
Having both the Roxanne custom and the JH16 and having spent some time to compare them, I think I prefer the JH16, the bass is tighter and cleaner. The mid and trebles are excellent on both. I think the bass adjustment on the Roxanne is getting too much mid bass in the way and make the sound too thick to my ears. Don't take me wrong, the Roxanne are excellent, it is just that I see myself listening more to the JH16. In addition I have a very thin tinsel cable from Alo Audio which is very small and very good for the JH16. In fact I ordered 2 of them, one SE and one Balanced for my CDM. My mobile set is with the CyperLab trio tube mobile amp and it is just a tad lighter in bass than the CDM so the JH16 compensates well for that. This Amp is not great for CIEM or IEM due to the high noise floor so I have built an attenuator with high precision resistors to eliminate the white noise. This is somewhat a pretty custom setup...

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #667 of 687
I am using my Layla customs more than the JH16's but they certainly continue to be a great CIEM when I am out and about.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #668 of 687
I have used JH 16 since 2012 when I did a purchase. Suddenly I noticed that It sounded weird with bad mids. The sound was like someone hold a hand in front of my mouth.
I explained my problem for JH and they could also see that the mid was broken. They fixed that for me but now after like 1.5 years I have something similiar.
JH answered me this with that I can send them back for repair. I guess that I have to pay for it myself this time.
I have always felt that this pair of inear has to be boost in the 3-3.5 khz to sound really good, otherwise it has that problem more or less all the time. It fits perfect but I'm not satisfied
with the overall sound for this amount of money I have spend here.
Can someone recommend what to do here, Ultimate Ears? I play drums but dont need a massive bass. I want neutral sound I think.
Thanks in advance!
Johan, Sweden

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #669 of 687
UE has just retuned their Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors. Also, JH Audio has redone the JH13's with their new 4th order crossover's and the 15dB bass boost from the Siren Series. It is a tough call. The JH13 V2 will be more flexible in usage due to the Bass boost.

Apr 14, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #670 of 687
I spent part of the morning yesterday trying most of the JH Audio lineup when I met up with one of the Canadian sales reps. I started with the JH7s and went all the way up to the Roxanne's. Above that was above my budget.

I enjoyed each and every model, but in the end the JH16s were my favourite. I felt that they had the most natural and enjoyable sound. The JH13s were great if the recording was a bit overly warm or bass heavy, as they balanced that out, but with other recordings they were too lean for my tastes. I also enjoyed the Roxannes but I felt that the bass muddied the sound of the lower mids. I was surprised at that but I did appreciate being able to tune the bass.

In the end, I enjoyed the JH16s the most and ended up ordering a pair. I wondered whether I should look at any one of the new and more popular CIEMs, such as the Noble Kaiser 10s. I have been at a couple of Hifi shows and tried out the JHs and always enjoyed them. I also like the fact that they are made in the US and not in China. I had concerns about fit issues and the sales rep put my mind at ease.

I used my iPhone 6S Plus with Onkyo HF Player and several high bit PCM files from Amy Winehouse, Bruce Cockburn, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, Jeff Healey, Bob Marley and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #671 of 687
You will love the JH16's. They are an excellent CIEM. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #672 of 687
The new JH16 v2's were released at CanJam at RMAF 2016. Here are the first pair in the wild.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #674 of 687
They are mine. A nice upgrade from the JH16 Freq Phase. The bass adjustment is very effective too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back