The Jeans-fi thread
Oct 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #47 of 682
Try Levi's capital E Wyatt relaxed boot. The demin is soft, I find that to be the most important in jeans. Soft denim is comfortable to wear regardless of cut.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #51 of 682
I buy mostly raw denim, and let it wear in, but I also but a few prewashed jeans.

I have quite a few J. Steger jeans, lots of Affliction, a few Robin's, some 501 from before they were junk, and some custom made jeans too.

John C.

Oct 14, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #52 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilGator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Notice a lot of skinny's- anyone wearing bootcut that can recommend a good jean?

Have a pair of Big Star's right now (Voyager), but that's it that fits- need to find some more...

You might like the Rock & Republic Floyd Chiller Jeans.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #53 of 682
Okay, maybe I can find an answer here before I waste tons of money on return shipping.

By now I realize that Levi jeans aren't meant for me. They fit me a bit loose below the hip, and in the rump and crotch area, there is extra material. So the result is that it makes my butt and thighs rather large, which is embarrassing, since the rest of my body is rather skinny.

Can anybody recommend a pair of jeans that are not Levis that don't have excess cloth in the crotch/thigh area, and ride easy on the hips? Waist is 29, and Length probably 28 or 29. I'm sure companies have their own stereotypes on how they make/shape their jeans....

Many, many thanks to those who can solve my problem! I'll be buying blindly online, so online testimonial is all I have to go by.
redface.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #54 of 682
Just got a pair of True Religion Bobby Godiva jeans...they're awesome (they very much should be at almost $300...), and some 7 For All Mankinds...great, but not as w00t as the True Religion.

And apparently I have a similar situation as Ryan, as Levis just make me look baggy...

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #56 of 682
Just picked up an Armani J31, and it sure feels nice. Nice fit, comfortable, and well made.
Quite expensive though, even on sale...

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #57 of 682
I've gone through 3 pairs of Levi's 569 loose cut in the past 7 months.

The friggin things are so comfortable, but all 3 have ripped / thinned out right where the right back pocket is sewn into the corner. Same spot, all 3 pants. I wear my pants loose with a belt too, so it's not like they're splitting at the seams because of tightness.

Oct 23, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #59 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by gallardo88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i feel sorry for anyone buying true religion.

Reason being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back