The Jeans-fi thread
Oct 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #61 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reason being?

They are an adapted women's jeans. They excelled in women's cuts and for some reason the horseshoe pockets caught on with men too. They cost way too much for lightweight average denim, bad washes, weak threads, seams, and hardware, and in the end are backpocket status symbols.

For women, I'll say that it's justifiable because fit is top priority not durability or price point. But for men, theres no reason to be spending that much on something that isnt well made and is meant only to impress. Its like the Bose of jeans, but then I'd say the same out of most of the designer labels that were built up on some celebrity wear watch.

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #63 of 682
Quote:

Originally Posted by machineo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are an adapted women's jeans. They excelled in women's cuts and for some reason the horseshoe pockets caught on with men too. They cost way too much for lightweight average denim, bad washes, weak threads, seams, and hardware, and in the end are backpocket status symbols.

For women, I'll say that it's justifiable because fit is top priority not durability or price point. But for men, theres no reason to be spending that much on something that isnt well made and is meant only to impress. Its like the Bose of jeans, but then I'd say the same out of most of the designer labels that were built up on some celebrity wear watch.

low quality.
the 300 you spend on them buys you cheap materials and cheap production and a big "designer" name.
for that price you can get some excellent made in japan jeans that are made using old-school high quality production methods and fit, fade, and wear 10x better than any true religions.

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #64 of 682
Interesting thing, guys, after spending some time with them, I've found them to be a very good fit, but seem to be more airtight than what I usually wear. Almost seems to fit too close to the skin. (FYI I didn't pay list price for them). But the 7 For All Mankinds are a different story after a while. They seems to be some of the most comfortable pairs I've every worn...

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #70 of 682
jenneth, thank you for the advice
smily_headphones1.gif

Colburg in Burnpool Blue does look interesting. i am surprised the waistlines on practically all of Rock & Republic are so high.

any other brands that make them longer inseam?

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #72 of 682
wow, that's pretty long. it's not pre-shrank though, so, i need to crunch me some numbers :p .

lower waistlines, it's better. it's curious that there's very few jeans out there that do mid-to-low waistlines for guys. one would imagine the people who make them would follow the trends.

thank you gallardo88
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #73 of 682
LVC 1947 501XX

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #75 of 682
I'm into japanese selvage raw jeans...

3 paris of Oni Denim (1 is a limited ed natural indigo)

1 pair of Sugar Cane (natural indigo)

3 pairs of Samurai

2 pairs of Pure Blue Jeans (1 is natural indigo)

Steam Locomotive, Eternal 811s, FOB Factory F151, 45 RPM Sorahiko

to name some of them....

P1010099.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back