The iQube Enigma (Review Updated)
Aug 27, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #271 of 305
Yeah.. It's almost impossible not to get the SM-i after trying. So, if u don't intend to buy the SM-i.... DON'T EVEN TRY!

Victor, any intention to sell your pouch creation? I'm not really impressed with the hippocase.

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #272 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Chew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people have expressed interest of an iqube DAC. Most would like a DAC not to be incorporated in the current iqube amp. This they said is because the DAC will be for desktop use only as it cannot be used when on the move. I guess this sounds pretty resonable since many use amps with the ipod and the DAC section in the ipod, for now, cannot be by passed. Perhaps Hans ought to consider moving into the DAC market but built in a separate enclosure!!!

On a separate note, I am now designing a super classic pouch to carry, the iqube and the ipod together. This pouch will be practical, in that you do not have to remove both the ipod or the iqube when charging is required. I would like to make this pouch available to other users. I will post pictures of it when it is ready. Owners of iqube and ipod users will you be interested?

More from the iQube designers would be fantastic. Amp and dac seperates or one box, either way I'd buy one, but please if a dac can we have optical-in?

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #273 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerachiel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would an adapter with 2.3mm outer and 0.75mm inner work?

Also, i am wondering how that iAUDIO x5 adapter is working out.

I asked the same question of Hans and he gave me these details:

Make of the mini-jack for the charging cord is "Lumberg 1636-01". I measured it as ID 0.7mm, OD 2.35mm.

I found the exact same one at Farnell Electronics (in Australia) and had no problems getting a couple off them..

I soldered one up to a 9V 700MA charger and that does the job quite smartly (put rechargeables in first, eh
redface.gif
). Doing it again I'd just order my iQube with the optional USB charging cable.

The specs Hans gave me for a charger were 5V-20V and at least 400Ma - rigged up centre pin positive. The tolerances are wide and the IQube is well protected (unlike an iRiver I fried recently).

Hope that helps, and saves Hans having to repeat himself..

Kind reagrds

Graeme

..addicted to FLAC>iMod>iQube>Alessandro Pro's, for hours and hours..

listening to DaftPunk at the moment..

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #274 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by hellopanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah.. It's almost impossible not to get the SM-i after trying. So, if u don't intend to buy the SM-i.... DON'T EVEN TRY!

Victor, any intention to sell your pouch creation? I'm not really impressed with the hippocase.

Initially, I was apprehensive about making them for others as they are very labour intensive and difficult to make; but due to many genuine request, I have now opned my doors to interested parties. They are made of full leather and they can be costly depending also on design request.

Aug 28, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #276 of 305
Quote:

Hans, I hope you will design a DAC soon. If you can have one that will bypass the SPDIF in ipod that will be perfect.

Hi Victor,

iPod digital out is protected due to copyright laws. I guess a paid license would cost a fortune, so thats out of the question. Sorry.

Rgds Hans

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #277 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Victor,

iPod digital out is protected due to copyright laws. I guess a paid license would cost a fortune, so thats out of the question. Sorry.

Rgds Hans

Any chance that you may be coming out with a DAC version or separate DAC box soon?

Aug 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #278 of 305
Quote:

Any chance that you may be coming out with a DAC version or separate DAC box soon?

I will soon publish a press release thread in my sponsor forum on new bits and pieces and developments with respect to Qables. It might be in there so keep an eye out I would say
devil_face.gif

Rgds Hans

Aug 29, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #279 of 305
Hans, any word on buying and extra iqube cover? Also I would like to know where to buy the ultimate link silver cables, I always wanted to try silver
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks much!

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #280 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hans, any word on buying and extra iqube cover? Also I would like to know where to buy the ultimate link silver cables, I always wanted to try silver
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks much!

You can get Ultimate Link cables from www.stereo.com.sg, they have Qables cables as well.

Both are excellent cables but I prefer the ultimate link silver master-i because it's a lot more flexible. I heard they have more range of cables available end of sept, some solid core copper/gold and more affordable silver/teflon cables.

I had the benefit of testing both the Qables silvercab pro and Ultimate Link's Silver Master-i against my ALO super cotton on an i-qube I purchase from them as well at their store and I find the SM-i an excellent match with the i-qube/UE11pro.

i-Qube DAC? Sounds like it's time to start saving again.....
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #281 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will soon publish a press release thread in my sponsor forum on new bits and pieces and developments with respect to Qables. It might be in there so keep an eye out I would say
devil_face.gif

Rgds Hans

Can you let us have your sponsored forum thread for convenience pls.?

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #285 of 305
Hans,

Can you make the new DAC battery cover a little harder to get off? The 2 hours I just spent getting the iQube Amp cover off was simply not enough. If I spend $500 on an amp I expect more. Yes, this is sarcasm, and yes my thumbs are bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back