THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Apr 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #513 of 687
Channel imbalance when connected to the se port, not very happy.

Anyone else experience this before?

Make sure all the input and gain switches match up and are correctly implemented.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #516 of 687

Playing DSD/DXD via MC19/Mac Mini usually with my Burson.  Today, it is with the Intruder and iFi iDSD Nano. With appropriate USB and RCA interconnects, it is as delightful.    

Got an inquiry via PM regarding interconnects for listening to DSD/DXD via Intruder Fully Balanced.

Mac Mini (with MC19) to iDSD via USB-A/USB-B cable.
iDSD to Intruder via  2 RCA Left Channel and RCA Right Channel to RSA Balanced Connector.
Intruder to XC via Balanced-Cable.
JRemote Apps on Ipad to Control  MC19

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #517 of 687
I'm parting with my intruder :frowning2: for now but I will most likely be picking it up again once finances are better.
If there are any canadians looking for this amp nows the time to get it!

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #518 of 687
Received mine yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm waiting on a USB cable that fits my Note 3 and intruder. Anyway, used the line out and of course was disappointed. I let it burn in for a few hours yesterday. Went to gym, but used my old I pod touch as a source, sounded so much better. really liking it so far, however, I am hoping it opens up some more as people have experienced.

Love the look and build quality of this unit, very sexy. I'm now saving up for balanced cables, hoping that will put me over the top. Love this new hobby, but very difficult to do behind my Fiancé's back.

Ray recommended Moon audio as they built balanced cables for his products in the past. I've also had excellent experiences so far with TTVJ and Mimic. Wondering if anyone has used either of those guys for balanced cables?

Last question, as I'm seeing how important the source is to the SQ, thinking of adding DX50 or DX90. Not sure if I really need the 90 though since I have this nice amp. Any opinions? TIA

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #519 of 687
You need to run the Intruder balanced to know it potential and the potential of your monitors. 

I have used Whiplash quite a bit for balanced and they do a great job. I like the performance of the cable when it comes to sound. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #520 of 687
Thanks Jamato. So, that will be my next move, balanced cables. I've read a lot of your reviews, you always have excellent insight.

I'm using Heir Audio. 8.a, my God do those things pound. I'm definitely more of a bass head, but not at the loss of SQ. Love those IEMS, don't have much of a reference point though as I'm fairly new to this hobby. I do know they have the perfect sound signature for me.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #521 of 687
Moon Audio reterminated my Grados RS-1i with a mini 4pin XLR. Then I have two 12 inch jumpers from Moon. one is RSA and the other is 1/8". Tomorrow I pick up my Fostex TH-900 from them. Also reterminated in mini four pin XLR.

Drew and his team at Moon Audio do good work.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #522 of 687
Upgraded my iTunes with iMatch last night... Nice experience uploading to the good people at Apple. Anyway, left my intruder playing all day and night, upgraded music on my 1g ipod touch.

Very happy today. Sounds awesome. Makes me wonder now about upgrading to an apple compatible DAC.

Also waiting on mini-micro USB cord to experience the intruder on my Note 3.

I was skeptical yesterday, even a little disappointed, but now I'm happy with this setup up so far.

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #523 of 687
Upgraded my iTunes with iMatch last night... Nice experience uploading to the good people at Apple. Anyway, left my intruder playing all day and night, upgraded music on my 1g ipod touch.

Very happy today. Sounds awesome. Makes me wonder now about upgrading to an apple compatible DAC.

Also waiting on mini-micro USB cord to experience the intruder on my Note 3.

I was skeptical yesterday, even a little disappointed, but now I'm happy with this setup up so far.

I'd say there's a vast performance/price differential that's fueling your trepidation with your setup right now. Don't get me wrong. I love apple products for their simplicity and design, but as far as their DAC implementations go...there is much to be desired. I think you'd be happier (from a sound standpoint) going for an all-in-one with a better DAC implementation, but perhaps not as refined of an amp (i.e DX90, X5). Just my two cents.

Kojaku

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #524 of 687
I've been exploring other options, specifically x90, ak100, and even the new Sony Walkman. I was more concerned with the UI's of the DX90 and the AK. I love the Apple UI, but even more the Android as I am an avid Android fan.

I am definitely open to a different source. I've spent a moderate amount of money at this point, so I figure what's a little more right? lol, I've been bitten by the bug!!!

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #525 of 687
I've been exploring other options, specifically x90, ak100, and even the new Sony Walkman. I was more concerned with the UI's of the DX90 and the AK. I love the Apple UI, but even more the Android as I am an avid Android fan.

I am definitely open to a different source. I've spent a moderate amount of money at this point, so I figure what's a little more right? lol, I've been bitten by the bug!!!

I loved the AK series UI. I also hear the DX series has matured a lot as well. I'll have more to contribute when my DX90 gets here.

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back