THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Mar 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #481 of 687
Just listen to it. You both can mature together and create a lasting relationship. :^)

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #484 of 687
Is the update available for 2nd hand Intruders?
I just bought one from a fellow member and been trying to get in touch with Ray via email but no response (Been a week) 
confused.gif

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #485 of 687
I just bought one from a fellow member and been trying to get in touch with Ray via email but no response (Been a week) :confused:  

The upgrade is available to anyone... Best to call Ray. I never have much luck emailing him, he's always available to chat though.

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #486 of 687
I just bought one from a fellow member and been trying to get in touch with Ray via email but no response (Been a week) 
confused.gif

I reply to every e-mail that comes my way every 2-3 hours, I never skip any one of them no matter what the question might be.
Ray Samuels

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #487 of 687

confused.gif

I reply to every e-mail that comes my way every 2-3 hours, I never skip any one of them no matter what the question might be.
Ray Samuels

I can back up what he says. I asked a question about my the broken charger and Ray replied with to my original question and follow up the same day. Not the first or the last time I'll be contacting Ray and I have the up most confidence whenever I do I'll receive an honest and prompt response. 

Sorry for sounding like a complete fan boy but I am so there's that :wink: 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #488 of 687
Been reading a lot lately as I am getting ready to upgrade my Fiio E18 to, more than likely, the Intruder. I almost pulled the trigger today, but decided to give myself the weekend to decide. As an amp, this unit seems like it's perfect, my only concern is the DAC. Obviously it's better than what I'm currently running...I'm just wondering if one of RSA'S amps are identical to this one, without the DAC.

I'LL be running a rooted Note 3, Heir Audio 8.a, and more than likely the Intruder. I'm almost regretting not ordering this unit today, as it would have been shipped.

Anyway, if anyone could answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. from what I've researched, and I'm just a newb, I don't think any of the other amps are the same. I also have an Ipod, so getting a separate DAC, would be on my list of things to do.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #489 of 687
Been reading a lot lately as I am getting ready to upgrade my Fiio E18 to, more than likely, the Intruder. I almost pulled the trigger today, but decided to give myself the weekend to decide. As an amp, this unit seems like it's perfect, my only concern is the DAC. Obviously it's better than what I'm currently running...I'm just wondering if one of RSA'S amps are identical to this one, without the DAC.

I'LL be running a rooted Note 3, Heir Audio 8.a, and more than likely the Intruder. I'm almost regretting not ordering this unit today, as it would have been shipped.

Anyway, if anyone could answer my question I'd greatly appreciate it. from what I've researched, and I'm just a newb, I don't think any of the other amps are the same. I also have an Ipod, so getting a separate DAC, would be on my list of things to do.

The 71B is similar to the intruder except for the DAC, it's only 50$ difference and the USB dac is no slouch. I would not even think twice to get such a good dac for few dollars. Love my Intruder to date it's my best amp none is able to best it, in balanced mode it's the king. It needs some initial burn-in so go get it and get it burn you won't need any other amps.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #490 of 687
Yes, agreed for $50 not worth savings at all. I've been reading all day, this definitely seems to be the best amp. I read a ton of reviews, but none are reviewed to the extreme of this amp, which says a lot. Thanks for your reply. I knew I'd regret my decision later in the day. going to be a long weekend!!

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #495 of 687
Does anyone have the physical dimensions of the Intruder on hand? I want to order a carry case for my Intruder/DX90 stack for when i'm on the go, and I need to make sure I get one the right size.
I left my intruder at home (I'm at work atm) so I can't check it till I get home.

Probably going to order one of these if it's big enough: http://www.crumpler.com/au/camera-bags-straps/tuft-l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back