Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Mar 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,742 of 5,538
I’ve had the N8ii running since 10am, plugged in about an hour and 1/2 ago at 74% holding at 74% but not increasing charge. Maybe the N8ii uses a similar amount of power as it’s able charge?

Yes, that's how the numbers added up. Try to reboot the N8ii to confirm the battery reading, If the battery remain 74% after reboot, that mean you have no problme to charge and play at the same time.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,743 of 5,538
I’ve had the N8ii running since 10am, plugged in about an hour and 1/2 ago at 74% holding at 74% but not increasing charge. Maybe the N8ii uses a similar amount of power as it’s able charge?
Strange, mine is at 100% it charged while using while playing and downloading with Qobuz... I started at 69%

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #1,745 of 5,538
Strange, mine is at 100% it charged while using while playing and downloading with Qobuz... I started at 69%
Non qc (think mine is 10w?) seems to hold % stable during play whilst qc can play and add %.

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #1,746 of 5,538
Yeah, we're trying to determine what's going on with that. I need more charge cycles to get behavior understood.

On a side note as I've been messing with sound settings I am finding the DAC filters to follow the amp class more than the Tube/SS timbre options.
Class A = Fast Roll Off
Class AB = Slow

Best Fourte so far for pop stuff:
High Gain, P, Tube, Class AB, Slow Roll Off

Oh yeah, best the Noir has ever sounded. Luxurious. And even feels like its almost new again. Extreme makeover, IEM edition.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #1,747 of 5,538
Who's having charging oddities that is also using UAPP? Too limited to call this an experiment, but at 94% I switched to the Cayin app and it was done charging in ~ 30 mins. Might be a thing until full UAPP support? idk, ymmv

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #1,749 of 5,538
Yeah, we're trying to determine what's going on with that. I need more charge cycles to get behavior understood.

On a side note as I've been messing with sound settings I am finding the DAC filters to follow the amp class more than the Tube/SS timbre options.
Class A = Fast Roll Off
Class AB = Slow

Best Fourte so far for pop stuff:
High Gain, P, Tube, Class AB, Slow Roll Off

Oh yeah, best the Noir has ever sounded. Luxurious. And even feels like its almost new again. Extreme makeover, IEM edition.

+1, iIdentical settings with P+ for EXT

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #1,750 of 5,538
Non qc (think mine is 10w?) seems to hold % stable during play whilst qc can play and add %.
iPad 20W charger is charging fast and working well... but I set it on the FiiO DK3 with fan as well...

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #1,751 of 5,538
N8ii gently sits on FiiO DK3 stand (it's rubber padded in case you wonder otherwise I would have kept the case)

I have grown so used on having this when I listen at my desk, so nice to have the DAP standing up and fan can cool it down a bit too

1647616715512.jpeg
I have to try it w/o the case. In the case, I needed make sure one end doesn't end up in the stand opening.

Mar 18, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #1,752 of 5,538
Thank you for your positive and helpful reply, although you misinterpreted the jist of my post, I didn't say that a charger is a deal breaker for me - far from it, this would be a silly reaction, I was just expressing my opinion that it's wrong not to include one because of the frustrations and difficulties some customers may come up against.
I just want to say Huge thanks to Cayin for not raising the price on the N8ii considering the amount of improvements and changes made to get a better sound even if they got rid of a few accessories that came with the N8.
I have my N8ii already and so far it seems to be charging with my old Nokia charger from my old Windows phone.
On a lighter note I won't mind a charger from Cayin though😉 if Andy would be so kind.

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,753 of 5,538
Yeah, it can fairly shift some air!
And let me add N8ii also can drive, in Tube mode, P, AB, Hdb I had to keep volume at 60+- not to be too loud but will go to 70 when taking a walk outside.
But OMG, N8ii has away of making my Hifiman HE1000SE 96db/watt disappear on my head with its very real solid natural images ....amazing feat💜

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #1,754 of 5,538
And let me add N8ii also can drive, in Tube mode, P, AB, Hdb I had to keep volume at 60+- not to be too loud but will go to 70 when taking a walk outside.
But OMG, N8ii has away of making my Hifiman HE1000SE 96db/watt disappear on my head with its very real solid natural images ....amazing feat💜
If you are looking for a Very Good review of the N8ii on this thread with headphone combination recommendations tested visit this https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cayin-n8ii.25734/reviews#review-28081

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #1,755 of 5,538
I'll check how well it can drive the Stealth, M17 on DC is just enough so I don't expect miracles but we'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back