The Incoherent Rambling Room
Feb 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #781 of 1,250
Yes but what about portability, for me the Ipod video is the largest thing i`m comfortable having in my pocket. add a amp and a lod and maybe a case to fit all this and you only have a transportable rig. Good for home use but not on the go. So then why buy portable phones that need amping, I will not do that. 

Quote:
And I have to disagree with the majority here on portable amps. They're not just for pushing hard to drive phones. They free up the power supply in your source GREATLY so it can do what it needs to do with its own power supply and the amp can do what it needs to do with its own power supply.

Same reason seprates are preferable in a speaker setup and it really has nothing to do with power or wattage.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #782 of 1,250

Quote:
Yes but what about portability, for me the Ipod video is the largest thing i`m comfortable having in my pocket. add a amp and a lod and maybe a case to fit all this and you only have a transportable rig. Good for home use but not on the go. So then why buy portable phones that need amping, I will not do that. 

Quote:
And I have to disagree with the majority here on portable amps. They're not just for pushing hard to drive phones. They free up the power supply in your source GREATLY so it can do what it needs to do with its own power supply and the amp can do what it needs to do with its own power supply.

Same reason seprates are preferable in a speaker setup and it really has nothing to do with power or wattage.

Do you know what's even better for home use? A dedicated system.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #783 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Agree. A wireless kleer dedicated system
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #784 of 1,250
Been jamming on the Klipsch IMAGE One's lately.  Seen some mixed reviews, but I have found them to be really pleasant to listen too.  Hoping to do a review soon when I get a pair of AKG K240s to compare them to, hope some more reviews come out in the future!

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #785 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

What are you talking about? All the same brand? Are you talking about speakers and phones? Really, please clarify.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #786 of 1,250
Alright guys. I hate to say it but the Prodipe tour has been put on hold indefinitely. I listened to them again last night and they were back to outputting sound mostly from the left side. So I really have no clue what could be wrong with them.

Unless one of you wants to take a shot at repairing them. I just don't want them reviewed this way because it's not how they are supposed to sound. And there's no way that I'm buying a third pair so...

Sorry.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #787 of 1,250

Quote:
Hey McFrogger, when did you get the HD25?

How does it compare to the M50?

less than 1 week ago, and so far im loving them, at risk of judging too soon, i'd say more detailed, less bassy and better mids. the highs are so nice! and the are definetely capable or reproducing great bass, playing with the EQ, but wouldnt dare to change the sound sig of these. i think i will make a detailed impressions after some time to get used to them

btw, enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4kuwmR6DTs

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #788 of 1,250

Quote:
Alright guys. I hate to say it but the Prodipe tour has been put on hold indefinitely. I listened to them again last night and they were back to outputting sound mostly from the left side. So I really have no clue what could be wrong with them.

Unless one of you wants to take a shot at repairing them. I just don't want them reviewed this way because it's not how they are supposed to sound. And there's no way that I'm buying a third pair so...

Sorry.

get a new one 
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #789 of 1,250

Quote:
What are you talking about? All the same brand? Are you talking about speakers and phones? Really, please clarify.

A portable amp isn't for home use. A dedicated amp is necessary for ultimate enjoyment (IMO of course). A portable rig will never be able to touch a dedicated rig. I'm talking amps with power and DACs of unquestionable quality.

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #790 of 1,250

Quote:

get a new one 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, right - I 'm not spending another $40 bones. If someone wants to try and fix them I was serious I'll send them. Or if everyone wants to pitch $10 we can do it that way but no way am I throwing down another $40. I'm getting the 880's next moth.

Quote:
A portable amp isn't for home use. A dedicated amp is necessary for ultimate enjoyment (IMO of course). A portable rig will never be able to touch a dedicated rig. I'm talking amps with power and DACs of unquestionable quality.

Oh, in that case I agree completely.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #791 of 1,250
I might as well attempt to fix them.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #793 of 1,250
 Am I the only one that HATES what they did to the Recent Activity posts in our profilles? It used to be ordered in the last thread you posted in and highlighted red with the number of posts after your last. I used to always visit that page first to see if anyone had posted.

Now it's every post you ever made in one big amalgamation of posts... useless.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #795 of 1,250
Change from treads to activety, top of the view your subscriptions page.
normal_smile .gif

Quote:
 Am I the only one that HATES what they did to the Recent Activity posts in our profilles? It used to be ordered in the last thread you posted in and highlighted red with the number of posts after your last. I used to always visit that page first to see if anyone had posted.

Now it's every post you ever made in one big amalgamation of posts... useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back