The iBasso T4, tinier than the T2 and better . . with more new images page 1,5, 14 . .
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #137 of 733
Anybody notices that the T4 sounds very similar to Fiio E3? today I dug out my E3 just to try and see if it still works, I feel like I am listening to the same amp. I listened to it for about an hour, and I feel like they are veryyyyyy similar.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #138 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmednInsane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody notices that the T4 sounds very similar to Fiio E3? today I dug out my E3 just to try and see if it still works, I feel like I am listening to the same amp. I listened to it for about an hour, and I feel like they are veryyyyyy similar.

That can, in no way, shape or form be considered a plus point.

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #139 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That can, in no way, shape or form be considered a plus point.

Yeah, that's bad news for sure. ArmednInsane, what player and headphones are you plugging your amps into?

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #140 of 733
I use my iPhone (1st gen.) with whiplash audio Line out Cable connected to T4 then to AKG K271 Mk II.

So my T4 might be broken or defective? :S

Dec 8, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #142 of 733
looking forward to your impresions dfkt
this small wonder can be a good match with my little sansa clip.

Also wondering how T4 will compete with the D2 Boa (amp section only) (this question imterests me the most)
if it is the same as D2 Boa, then it is a must for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #143 of 733
I have the Fiio E3, and heard the t4 at a store here in Hong Kong. The T4 is much better in my opinion. To start things off, the fiio gave me so much hiss I HAVE to use a impedance adapter to get rid of it. The fiio didn't have much of an affect on the Freqshow, which are driven easily. I can immediately tell a sonic difference once he T4 is switched on, and I was like "damn." The T4 was pretty silent with my very noisy Blackberry Bold with the highly sensitive Freqshows. Everything sounds smoother and more pronounced with the T4. I have to listen to the Fiio more, but my Bold is currently in pieces in need of a little repair.

Overall, having spent 12 bucks USD on the E3, I'd happily spend the $109 on the T4, I would, but I promised myself I'd stop buying audio stuff.

Dec 11, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #144 of 733
Would love to see this amp go head to head with the NuForce Icon Mobile amp.

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #145 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would love to see this amp go head to head with the NuForce Icon Mobile amp.

Absolutely, perhaps an ultraportable/budget portable amp shoot out: T4, FiiO E3 and E5, NuForce Icon Mobile, CMOY, p2V2, biosciencegeek,

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #146 of 733
I have a Fiio E3 and a BSG cMoy. The Ibasso T4 is currently in the mail to me.

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #147 of 733
Could someone with a t4 help me with an issue I'm having? I have the t4 connected to my ipod via the connection cables provided by ibasso with the t4 and have my se530's connected to the t4's line out. I do not have a lod as of yet. The problem I'm having with the set up above is that I don't get audio to my left ear piece and there is an awful lot of hiss and even with the t4's volume set to max (10) it is very low. I could be doing something terribly wrong, I'm not sure, would getting an lod fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

edit: One more thing, I noticed that the provided power cable does not fully insert into the t4, there is probably 2-3mm of space from the t4 and cable when inserted. Has anyone noticed this?

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #149 of 733
The charger tip doesn't go all the way in. If it lights up orange you have a charge connection.

Do you get sound when hooked directly into your source? Do you have a line out or are you coming out of a headphone out socket?

Dec 19, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #150 of 733
When I'm not using the t4 and plugging my 530's directly into the headphone out on my ipod it sounds fine. I'm plugging the connection cables into the ipod headphone out and then into the t4's line in and putting the 530's in the out. I am not using the line out on the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back