The iBasso T4, tinier than the T2 and better . . with more new images page 1,5, 14 . .
Nov 14, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #46 of 733
The T4 is about a cm narrower and about half as thick. The T4 is also lighter.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #48 of 733
Not bad lighting but the top is a silver reflective surface and a little hard to photograph. If I took more time I could get it but I wanted to get the images up of the size and need someone to show me how to use a camera.

Edit: Oh you meant the one in your link. The bottom is very dark, almost black, so that is an ok image. That is the bottom half. Or maybe they are calling that the top but that puts all the indicators for IN, OUT, Volume etc. upside down.

It's all good though. Just rock on out Billy, rock on out.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #49 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not bad lighting but the top is a silver reflective surface and a little hard to photograph. If I took more time I could get it but I wanted to get the images up of the size and need someone to show me how to use a camera.

Edit: Oh you meant the one in your link. The bottom is very dark, almost black, so that is an ok image. That is the bottom half.

ohhhh. i understand. When you say the amp is balanced, youre saying that the T4 basically improves everything equally? Also, do your headphones need to be a high impedance to use this amp. Im thinking about buying an amp like this. Either this or the MINIbox-D.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #50 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by indofulioh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ohhhh. i understand. When you say the amp is balanced, youre saying that the T4 basically improves everything equally? Also, do your headphones need to be a high impedance to use this amp. Im thinking about buying an amp like this. Either this or the MINIbox-D.

I don't know, I can't remember everything I write. :^) The sound is balanced in that it doesn't accentuate and frequency and does a quality job of amplifying the signal going into it.

If you are using something like the HD650's, that are harder to drive you need to use the high gain. For most things you can leave the normal gain on. The performs out of its price range for sure.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #51 of 733
Hi all.

Just received my T4. (Not bad - about 6 days to UK) Well packaged - wow -even smaller than I thought - and Jamato's pics make it look larger! (Not a criticism J !!! Just the "perspective" etc I guess.)

It feels slightly "plasticky" - not a huge problem/criticism - just that my GoVibe and Headsix are "tank"like metal beasts!! Came part charged. So first phones to hand are UE Superfi5's. ( the newish ones not my Pros) There's some hiss -at low gain and with mid volume. Not altogether surprised. The UE's hiss with most of my players. (Archos and many Sonys) Playing music is fine - the sound seems ........neutral. (which is good for me). Switch to Senn 25's. Much less hiss - sounds good even at low gain. The bass boost did little for the ue's - but seems to add a little more with the senns.

Sorry folks - I have to go out now!! That's my "10 minute" thoughts. Will say more later after i've had more time with this. ( and I'm remembering Jamato's comments re soundchange/burnin) My gut feeling is that for pricepoint and tiny size this is a winner.

Regards.

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #52 of 733
Oh my. It's the size of a Zippo lighter!

DSC01016.jpg

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #53 of 733
Right out of the box all I can say is it's quite bassy even with the bass boost off. And mind you I'm using the Etys ER4S. The amp's giving the ER4S the bass it never had.

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #54 of 733
After a few hours with them, gotta agree with John that this amp is transparent. The mids and highs are quite laid back. It brings the bass forward. It's a tad bit bassy, resulting in as I said in the previous post, it gives the ER4S the bass it never had. The bass boost only gives a subtle difference. I prefer leaving it on with my ER4S.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #56 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a few hours with them, gotta agree with John that this amp is transparent. The mids and highs are quite laid back. It brings the bass forward. It's a tad bit bassy, resulting in as I said in the previous post, it gives the ER4S the bass it never had. The bass boost only gives a subtle difference. I prefer leaving it on with my ER4S.

It does seem colored rather than transparent, to me.
Could it be that the bass on the ER4S improved simply due to the amplification?

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #59 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does seem colored rather than transparent, to me.
Could it be that the bass on the ER4S improved simply due to the amplification?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't have a home amp to compare this T4 with. All I know is my ER4S never sounded better
tongue.gif
Well yeah coloured but also uncoloured. The T4 is like a bass boost for the ER4S IMHO.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #60 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this amp only for iems? So these can even drive the yuin Ok1s?

It should be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back