The iBasso T4, tinier than the T2 and better . . with more new images page 1,5, 14 . .
Nov 12, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #32 of 733
Hi all.

Was a fairly happy user of a Go-VibeV7 but then found the Headsix. Thought that would be my "final" amp ( some chance eh??) but was kinda looking for something even smaller to pair with the Nano. The T4 looks ideal - so on the basis of this thread I did an impulse buy a few days ago!! I hope it sounds as good as it looks??!! I'm hoping/thinking that feeding IEMS ( 6i's and 5Pros ) will boost the bass ( both with and without the bassboost switched in?) and also drive some Senn25's.

This morning Ibasso emailed a tracking no. - cant wait!! Will post early impressions as soon as I receive this little beauty.

Regards.

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:50 AM Post #33 of 733
That's the spirit shirley. This amp looks the business, all i would like to know, if you don't mind, is how does it sound? and how long does it last between charges?
Please feel free to compare to both the GV7 and the Headsix, these are both great amps to use as a referance.

Happy listening
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #34 of 733
Ok, I find the T4 to be fairly neutral. The sound is more open than I would have thought. The preceding T amps were a little congested and not as "clean" sounding as iBasso's more expensive amps and that of other makers whose amps have a good following.

The T4 is very detail oriented but doesn't have an etched quality to the music. I would say it is a musical amp and thankfully gives me some distance between the performance and a nice wide stage. It drives my Ultrasone Ed. 9's very well and works excellent with my IEM"s. There is no hiss and no noise when I change the volume. The bass control doesn't do much of anything, which for some might be a negative but I don't like pounding bass anyway. For the price and even if it cost 150 I think you would be getting a hell of a portable amp for the money.

The run time is around 25 hours per charge and it takes a couple of hours to recharge. A red indicator light comes on when charging and goes out when the amp is charged. You can leave it plugged into the charger without a problem and it will automatically recharge when needed.

I just hooked up the HD650's and again to my surprise it powers them to a fairly high volume with no problem. The sound field does not collapse but it isn't a home amp. I think for its intended use the amp is great asset to listening to music. It sure is tiny, oh I said that. :^)

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 733
Well just pulled the trigger on this amp. I have a Minibox-D and Headsix to compare it with so yeah. After receiving it and some "burn-in" for you burn-in believers, I'll do a comparison.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #36 of 733
The more I listen to this tiny amp the more I am surprised. It is quite transparent and easy to use in that it charges easily, and thankfully, has the in and out at the same end. The bass impact does not smear to the lower mid and controls the driver very well.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #37 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I listen to this tiny amp the more I am surprised. It is quite transparent and easy to use in that it charges easily, and thankfully, has the in and out at the same end. The bass impact does not smear to the lower mid and controls the driver very well.

sweet, hopefully mine will be here today......or tomorrow.

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #38 of 733
Quote:

I have elected to leave my order in place for the Xin Super Micro IV which is smaller, but this looks like a good alternative for small at the same price. I don't need more amps, but an even smaller one would be a plus.

Nov 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #39 of 733
If you take into account thickness then I would not say the Micro is smaller.

By volume the T4 is 22.75 cm the Micro is approx 24 cm.

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #40 of 733
Quote:

If you take into account thickness then I would not say the Micro is smaller.

By volume the T4 is 22.75 cm the Micro is approx 24 cm.

Really? I need more pics than the ones with your watch and life savings. Could you maybe oblige me this one time? Photos side by side with more than a quarter? Please?

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #41 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I need more pics than the ones with your watch and life savings. Could you maybe oblige me this one time? Photos side by side with more than a quarter? Please?

With more than a quarter?

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #42 of 733
T4-and-Micro-pan.jpg

T4 and the Xin Micro

T4-and-Micro.jpg

T4-with-quarter.jpg

T4.jpg

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #44 of 733
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well just pulled the trigger on this amp. I have a Minibox-D and Headsix to compare it with so yeah. After receiving it and some "burn-in" for you burn-in believers, I'll do a comparison.

Darn i was about to pull the trigger on the Minibox-D but i saw this amp. I'm having second thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back