The iBasso P3+ Herron has made its way to my door and there are images and more . . .
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #136 of 302
Just out of interest folks, how is the P3+ shaping up with burn in? I have finally settled on the opamp combo that i prefer and i am allowing the amp to settle in. Has anyone noticed how the amp sound changes with use? Is this going to require minimal burn in, or is it going to be an RSA 400-1000 hour burn in marathon?

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #137 of 302
I found mine, P3+, sounded good from the start. I didn't pay too much attention to the burn-in but there is some smoothness to be obtained and a little more open sound but it didn't take long. One thing I noticed right away was the speed of this amp.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #138 of 302
Yes, with mine to, especially with the configuration i mentioned a couple of posts back. It's just with some of the opamps supplied, the amp sounded very scratchy, i was just wondering if this would settle down and change as the caps burnt in as i couldn't think of a reason why iBasso would supply the offending chips. Then again, i still haven't worked through all the possible combinations, so perhaps all will become clear in time with more experimentation. X2 on the speed, fair play, the amp is very upfront with it's presentation.

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #139 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, with mine to, especially with the configuration i mentioned a couple of posts back. It's just with some of the opamps supplied, the amp sounded very scratchy, i was just wondering if this would settle down and change as the caps burnt in as i couldn't think of a reason why iBasso would supply the offending chips. Then again, i still haven't worked through all the possible combinations, so perhaps all will become clear in time with more experimentation. X2 on the speed, fair play, the amp is very upfront with it's presentation.

That's because the input current of the opamp runs through the volume pot. Avoid that opamp, there's no other way.

The AD797 behaved just like that in my evolved CMOY suited for bipolar opamps. The LT1364, instead, for one, has high input current but doesn't cause those noises at all.

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #140 of 302
I'm starting to like the Linear Technology OpAmps more and more. Never bought or used any until recently. Really like the 1357's a lot and have 1124's and 1469's on order.

Although I still can't use Opa637's I'm still having fun rolling. I've got AD8610's in L/R + Buf634's + LT1357's in G/V. All OpAmps are in Class A Adapters and Buf634's are on high C (think that's the term?) adapters. This amp sounds like it should have cost at least 2-3 times more than it actually did which is brilliant considering that most improvements at this level are usually disproportionate to cost. This amp offers real bang for your buck!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #143 of 302
T4 or the T3 (when it is released) is perfect for iems with it's size, it just pairs up perfectly with narrow body players like the Sony s639f or the Sansa clip etc. The thing is tiny. The P3+ offers to tuneabilty and seems to drive larger cans with ease, much greater drive.
For the pocket-T4/T3, for the rucksack-P3+

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #144 of 302
This might be from my lazyness, but what the heck. I've decided to put the AD 797s in the G/V channels. It sounds good but I think theres a tad too much treble at high volume. I would rather have less treble and more mid or bass. Any way to change the L/R so i get that setting?
With the ones that come with it.

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #146 of 302
Quote:

AD8656 in the G/V

Doesn't come with it. The ones i got were

2 AD797 used in G/V
AD827 Used in L/R
AD712
AD8066
LM6172
LMH6655
LMH6643

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #147 of 302
Quote:

AD8656 in the G/V. in fact, the 827 in the L/R, transistorised buffers fitted, then the 8656- you won't go far wrong
wink.gif

So will i have to buy the AD8656, cause it didnt come with it. Did it come with yours?

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #149 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AD8656 is only 5.5v Max.

Meaning that
redface.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back