The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #7,112 of 18,652
That is a really cool case.  It appears however, the case seems primary designed around being able to use the dx50 while it's in the case.  However there seems to be a belt loop on the back (which is good as I'd want it on my belt).  However it's a closed loop belt loop, meaning it can't be removed without undoing one's belt, and with the headphones plugged in the dx50 gets locked in place essentially to where you can't pull it up to look at the screen without unplugging the headphones or undoing one's belt.  Hmmmm.

When viewing the link, on some pix, the closing strap has a snap and on other pix, it shows a leather loop that holds the strap closed. Anyone know which is the actual means of securing the strap?

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #7,113 of 18,652
When viewing the link, on some pix, the closing strap has a snap and on other pix, it shows a leather loop that holds the strap closed. Anyone know which is the actual means of securing the strap?

Quite confusing to say the least, not only that some photos show no openings at either top or bottom and one photo shows a single one. So what is it? It does not sound it'd be convenient plus having to leave it on one's belt and having to take the belt off to take the case off is not what I'd call convenient. So silicon case it'll be.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #7,114 of 18,652
I just don't get it. Some people I know buy gadgets (e.g. idevices) purely because the look cool and thin. Only to wrap it with bulky, sometimes ugly cases.

"Everyone" has to have the newest shiny from Apple or Samsung because, you know, that's what all the cool kids are doing. But they don't want to be seen as being part of the same clique so they put them in "individual" shells that suit them and never mind that those are mass-produced, too.

I stopped bothering a long time ago. It's not like scratches have any effect at all on sound quality, and any impact with sufficient force to cause real damage isn't going to be stopped by a thin sheet of plastic or silicone.

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #7,115 of 18,652
  "Everyone" has to have the newest shiny from Apple or Samsung because, you know, that's what all the cool kids are doing. But they don't want to be seen as being part of the same clique so they put them in "individual" shells that suit them and never mind that those are mass-produced, too.

I stopped bothering a long time ago. It's not like scratches have any effect at all on sound quality, and any impact with sufficient force to cause real damage isn't going to be stopped by a thin sheet of plastic or silicone.

Yeah, my experience with putting a case on a device to 'protect' it stopped like a week after I put one on a single device.  Made it harder to use, and logic kicked in as to what I was protecting it from.  I prefer using things the way they were designed to be used, scratches don't affect functionality, but putting a case on does.  

Only types of cases I like are ones that attach to my belt since I refuse to store my devices in my pocket.  However from there, I don't require a case to hold whatever it is that the belt case is holding.  It's a case purely to take it from point a to point b without putting it in a pocket, so those cases serve a specific purpose.  :)

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #7,116 of 18,652
Anybody knows why the  fw 1.2.5 is not longer available on ibasso's site?

Nov 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #7,118 of 18,652
Thanks, I thougt maybe they had a problem with the fw and put it down.

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #7,120 of 18,652
initial impressions, Day #3: 

use my DX50 with FW1.2.5, no issues, never had any trouble, no single glitch, no freeze, nothing.... am i lucky bloody??? 
tongue.gif

IEM pairing plays a hypnotic role on DX50, sorry for sounding like a broken recored but my 1p2 rocks and shines with DX50. i am so happy that i even did not care for amping, will do this for sure but right now i am more like spinning my records like mad and cannot stop enjoying DX50 like a small boy who got some dream toy. honestly i believe DX50 does not need so much amping... but experiment will be done for the sake of experiment :)))
DX50 hits jackpot IMHO.

conclusion? none yet... but I am damn happy with my decision and for 250$ i got a great DAP plus BR3 IEM for free was a nice bonus.

NB: i do not use full scan, rather i browse directory and hit SD card to open music folders. clicking particular folder and song does a short scan which lasts some seconds and vola i am ready to go. i do not like complicate my life and keep it simple.

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #7,121 of 18,652
The DX50, IMO is worth a fare bit more than the asking price. I have some very good amps here but to be honest, if I didn't I would still enjoy the music as I get good layering, depth and bass control. Vocals sound good and lifelike. It's all good. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #7,123 of 18,652
  Well I have a pair of vsonic vsd1s incoming. Hopefully I'll be able experience some of those life like vocals I did not get with the re400's :)

I'm getting really good vocals even on XB90EX which I thought wouldn't be as good with vocals as re400 (base on all the impressions). so it must be connected with this mysterious synergy thing...

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #7,124 of 18,652
  initial impressions, Day #3: 

use my DX50 with FW1.2.5, no issues, never had any trouble, no single glitch, no freeze, nothing.... am i lucky bloody??? 
tongue.gif

IEM pairing plays a hypnotic role on DX50, sorry for sounding like a broken recored but my 1p2 rocks and shines with DX50. i am so happy that i even did not care for amping, will do this for sure but right now i am more like spinning my records like mad and cannot stop enjoying DX50 like a small boy who got some dream toy. honestly i believe DX50 does not need so much amping... but experiment will be done for the sake of experiment :)))
DX50 hits jackpot IMHO.

conclusion? none yet... but I am damn happy with my decision and for 250$ i got a great DAP plus BR3 IEM for free was a nice bonus.

NB: i do not use full scan, rather i browse directory and hit SD card to open music folders. clicking particular folder and song does a short scan which lasts some seconds and vola i am ready to go. i do not like complicate my life and keep it simple.

Very eager to know if either BH or T1 will further improve the stock sound of DX50. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back