The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 11, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #6,618 of 18,652
I'll try to contact a local leather maker to custom one for me
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll pm you the details if you are interested
smily_headphones1.gif

PM me too!

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #6,620 of 18,652

This amp with stock opamp and buffer shocked me.
This purcase very big jump from DX50 internal amp. Working great with all of my rig, even no hiss with my Fitear 111.
Big power, amazing sound :D. Even can drive my passive bookshelf speaker :D.

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #6,622 of 18,652
Can't help but laugh when I say I'm charging a Samsung S3 battery for the DX50. Got hype?

I just tell myself I needed an extra battery
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #6,623 of 18,652
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #6,625 of 18,652
Hi everyone, just got my DX50 a couple hours ago and comes the the 1.2.2 firmware. Loaded a 2gb card with some random mp3 music files and thought I let it run in for a while. Curiosity got to me and thought to sneak a listen to it but it freezes and have to do a reset to get working again. So far I'm really digging the sound it makes but hopefully it doesn't freeze on me too often until the official 1.2.3 firmware release. Hope the new firmware can address all those minor glitches and make it a even better player as it is now.

Also, I make a post sometime earlier hoping to hear some thought in regards to the sound sig when paired with an O2 amp but maybe it got missed as there was a lot going on this thread. Can fellow members with the pairing kindly give a brief description on the sound sig. Thanks in advance and hope for some thoughts as I'm really looking to set up a decent bedside rig with the DX50 as the source driving the HD650.

By the way, my unit feels a little warm to the touch after some use and would appreciate some feedback here if it's normal.

Cheers.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #6,626 of 18,652
Need to get it off my mind as this player gets one of the main thing I value most and a goal I was trying to get out of my limited inventory. The PRaT really impresses me and had me toe tapping which I had not experience in quite a long time. I'm not capable to be talking about technical capability but can honestly say IMO that the pace, rhythm and timing is just spot on to my ears. It just simply sound right to me for what I want and need without much thoughts about technicality which will comes as a bonus. I'm nodding my head to my tunes as I'm typing this now and off to get some more.

Thanks to all for the impressions and thoughts leading me to this purchase thou it will be a challenge for me being not technically savvy to probably tackle the minor glitches but will try to soak it in. Cheers again.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #6,627 of 18,652
I too have been impressed with how this player plays simple mp3 and AAC files. Great DAC!

Make sure your files are pure and don't have any other files loaded. I've had no freezing issues and seems that some have reported that with other files mixed in. Welcome to the club, it's a fine DAP.
Scot

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #6,628 of 18,652
Hi thanks,

It just mp3 files on the card that I have on an old Samsung phone that I use to burn in earphones. Contain mostly fast pace music track with a couple of mellow track in between. It froze on a particular track and will monitor and see if it does it again. There are also clicking sound I hear between tracks that I'm trying to figure out thou I have done the 5 second setting. Anyway, what do you mean by pure? Like I wrote, I'm not a technically incline so might need some input here. Thanks in advance.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #6,629 of 18,652
Hello again DX50 owners, I have another question.  I will be ordering the DX50 within the next day or two and in preparation of getting my new DAP I am going to re-rip some of my music to FLAC using dBpoweramp.  My question is, by default dBpoweramp CD Ripper names its folder structure like this:  \Artist\Album\Track Number Artist - Title , is this accessible for the DX50?

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #6,630 of 18,652
Hi thanks,

It just mp3 files on the card that I have on an old Samsung phone that I use to burn in earphones. Contain mostly fast pace music track with a couple of mellow track in between. It froze on a particular track and will monitor and see if it does it again. There are also clicking sound I hear between tracks that I'm trying to figure out thou I have done the 5 second setting. Anyway, what do you mean by pure? Like I wrote, I'm not a technically incline so might need some input here. Thanks in advance.

First place to go is the FAQ as specifies on page 1, there are loads of info. If you are after a specific behavior go do a search in that thread, we have talked about most of them at length in this thread. Welcome to the DX50 family! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back