The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #6,632 of 18,652
Hello again DX50 owners, I have another question.  I will be ordering the DX50 within the next day or two and in preparation of getting my new DAP I am going to re-rip some of my music to FLAC using dBpoweramp.  My question is, by default dBpoweramp CD Ripper names its folder structure like this:  \Artist\Album\Track Number Artist - Title , is this accessible for the DX50?  

DrGonzo.  I use that exact same setup.  dBpoweramp to rip FLAC, and I have replay gain settings turned on.  (DX50 doesn't currently use replay gain, but maybe in the future?  I have them ripped with replay gain for future proofing of the file.  So far no significant problems.)

The only real change I do is when I rip multi-disc albums, I use the number offset to re-number the 2nd (or more) disc.  So for example, If I have disc 1 and it numbers 01-01 through 01-11, I offset the 2nd disc by 11, so that the files start at 02-12 through -02 23 or whatever.  That seems to keep everything happy in the DX-50 and doesn't cause too much heartburn.

Another work around for the same thing is to re-name the albums to Live in Flint - [Disc 1] and Live in Flint - [Disc 2].  That would create two separate folders for each disc.

If you don't do this work around, the DX-50 doesn't currently number things by the disc num first.  So you get 01-01, then 02-01, then 01-02, then 02-02, etc.

After I rip, I use Media Monkey to embed the art and for file management.  But not to copy to microSD.  I just use Windows explorer file transfer system to copy to uSD.  What do you use or plan to use for file manipulation?  (tags, art, etc?)

One more thing I plan to do, but have not done yet is to take bands with extremely long names, and shorten them.  For example, I recently picked up a The Soundtrack of our Lives disc.  That is a tremendous pain to navigate in the current TrackNumber - Artist - Title structure.  So they may get re-done or re-named with TSOoL or something like that.  And if I ever pick up any Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction, definitely going to get the treatment...  Ha ha.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #6,633 of 18,652
Thanks for the reply Howlin Fester and thanks for the tips.  As far as tags, art, etc.  I just assumed dBpoweramp would do that?  I added album art using the option at bottom of dBpoweramp CD Ripper and it added the album art to the folder, however it did name the album art 'Folder'.  Should I rename 'Folder'?  Please anymore advice is greatly appreciated, I'm learning as I am moving away from iTunes.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #6,634 of 18,652
Thanks for tip. German Maestro - this ring me a bell, but that is all. It is new for me. I have already checked som reviews and this HP seems to be good, very good... I visited a maestro website also and there is a "mobile" version of GMP 8.35D with straight cabel (I do not really like coiled cable and sennheiser also have it, I just get used to it...) for the same price.
All 3 closed headphones (German Maestro GMP 8.35D SM, Soundmagic HP100, Beyerdynamic dt 770 LE) have a positive reviews elsewhere too, so I just need to make up my mind...
wink.gif

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #6,635 of 18,652
I am still waiting for my ibasso dx50 from mp4nation... i ordered on the 31st October..

I am rather disappointed with their customer service and I believe i tried contacting them 5 times with no reply on when they are going to ship mine :frowning2:

Has anyone gotten theirs shipped yet?

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #6,636 of 18,652
Thanks for the reply Howlin Fester and thanks for the tips.  As far as tags, art, etc.  I just assumed dBpoweramp would do that?  I added album art using the option at bottom of dBpoweramp CD Ripper and it added the album art to the folder, however it did name the album art 'Folder'.  Should I rename 'Folder'?  Please anymore advice is greatly appreciated, I'm learning as I am moving away from iTunes.

So just for the record.  You can get as A-Retentive as you want with this stuff.  I'm pretty AR.  :wink:
For art, I let dB poweramp populate whatever it sees.  Then I go to the website Album Art Exchange.  (U.S. only, I think.  Sorry for anyone reading this outside the U.S.  I think he is working on new servers that won't block foreign IP addresses.)  Album Art Exchange has a huge database of high quality album art.  I normally copy the 800x800, or 600x600 version of the album I want.  Then I use Media Monkey and open the art tab.  I delete both of the embedded images.  Then I replace it with the one I copied from AAE.  I drop-down-select type=cover.  I have it rename the file to "the exact name of the album.jpg"  It then asks me if I want to delete the folder.xxx file.  I say yes.  (As an aside, I use the same file for my iTunes mp3 embedded art.)  You might consider keeping the folder.xxx as well as "the exact name of the album.jpg"  There may be other players/programs that look for folder.jpg or whatever.  I have no direct knowledge at this point.  For now I delete the folder.jpg to keep my folders clean except for the flac and 1 jpg file.

So far this process has worked for the DX50, and also for the  FlacPlayer program I purchased for the iPod Touch.  (FlacPlayer required the .jpg to be named the same as the album for it to register and show.)  I don't think you have to do the above for the DX50, but you do for FlacPlayer so I just kept with the process for each one I import.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #6,637 of 18,652
  I am still waiting for my ibasso dx50 from mp4nation... i ordered on the 31st October..

I am rather disappointed with their customer service and I believe i tried contacting them 5 times with no reply on when they are going to ship mine :frowning2:

i think u need to wait for next batch.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #6,638 of 18,652

Just got mine on west coast of USA, ordered 10-23, if you are going to receive your unit you should have a FedEx tracking number by now. 

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #6,639 of 18,652
Pff those pops when you turn off the device or start playing are not up to 2013 device minimum requirement...

Would like to see it fixed in the next update.

Plus does it also happen to you some  clicks when you power ON/OFF the device?

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #6,640 of 18,652
Pff those pops when you turn off the device or start playing are not up to 2013 device minimum requirement...

Would like to see it fixed in the next update.

Plus does it also happen to you some  clicks when you power ON/OFF the device?

I dont have the dx50 yet, but I might be able to answer this. Are the sounds a pop or click?

Usually these sounds are from mechanical relays switching due to different amplifications being needed. I dont know if the dx50 has any mechanical relays but it ckuld just be the amplifier in it turning on/off. Its only bad if it never did it, and all of a sudden does. However, if it has always done it, no need to worry as it's a good thing. Mechanical relays are of high quality!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #6,643 of 18,652
  The DX50 definitely makes a distinct pop sound when switched on and off, it sounds like something clicking within the unit so I am guessing this is a relay and not something that can be fixed in firmware updates.

The click is the sound of the relay switching. There is nothing to fix.

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #6,644 of 18,652
Anyone use his dx50 with Fiio E12 and over ear headphones? Is soundstage wider? How about details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back