The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #6,257 of 18,652
Working flawlessly here...

Doesn't count Golden DX50 :D

I got it working again, call it stubbornness or just not wanting to feel left behind. It's working now but still have 3-5 seconds scanning. I am not touching my microSD card, no sireeee :wink:

Let's see how long I can go like this without factory resetting it.

I guess I missed the rumbling sound from it. :p

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #6,258 of 18,652
  it asks..
after inserting card :  "scan media" or "browse directory"....

you can use second option and all will be alright..

"scan media" on 1.2.3b are a bit crappy..

ok, thanks, good to know.... when i get my dx50 will try not to forget to ignore scan.

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #6,261 of 18,652
Doesn't count Golden DX50
biggrin.gif

I got it working again, call it stubbornness or just not wanting to feel left behind. It's working now but still have 3-5 seconds scanning. I am not touching my microSD card, no sireeee
wink.gif

Let's see how long I can go like this without factory resetting it.

I guess I missed the rumbling sound from it.
tongue.gif

How is your card formatted? Do you have anything other than music files on it?

We need to troubleshoot this, guys!

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #6,263 of 18,652
What kind of mini to mini ( IC ) cable do You guys suggest to connect DX50 with amp ? ( its going to be Quickstep )

copper or silver ?

Thanks for any answer

You are getting into debate territory here, some from the camp of it ain't making any difference due to length and others thinking that every inch counts. Without divulging the side I am on lmao, I go for a mix, I.e. silver and copper combo. I used to have silver/1%gold but that's long gone. I just received my four Neutrik connectors and gonna cook some tiny batches as to keep the IC real short. Can't wait to get to work.

What about you?

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #6,264 of 18,652
Hey SergeKo,

I'm going to do the same . Do you mean song information under tag? Do I have to delete them in which songs I already have it?
With this you can avoid the "sd card scanning bug"?

Hey kskwerl,

It's nice to hear. So different batches may have different build, components? Or what is the reason?
Hey musicheacen,

I wouldn't expect a beta fw to be stable, but lots of people seem to have trouble even with the 1.2.2 release.

Tom

To be honest iBasso firmware releases so far have been incremental improvements but nothing to knock your socks off. Once I'll be able to use the dap like I use the iPod then we can all sit together and drink to it but I seriously doubt this will ever going to happen. For the moment let the music play! :)

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #6,266 of 18,652
Hey guys when you pair DX50 with an external amp, in which volume level do you set the volume in DX50.

Is it required to set the volune of DX50 to the max value(255) to get the most of the SQ from the line out jack?

Thanks

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #6,268 of 18,652
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Hey guys when you pair DX50 with an external amp, in which volume level do you set the volume in DX50.

Is it required to set the volune of DX50 to the max value(255) to get the most of the SQ from the line out jack?

Thanks

I am usually pretty uneasy leaving the volume to the max because I am always afraid of the DAC clipping at that level however I have tried it multiple times and it does not seem to be the case besides Wolfson would be warning the implementers about running it at that level.

One more worries is battery life, I would think if you crank the dap it should consume more power so that is another worry I have.

Having said that, I usually leave it at 235 and let the amp take volume control.

If the amp has a decent output, the level you leave the dap at does not seem to make any differences on SQ but the amp seems to have a sweet spot so use the amp in combo with your dap and leave it to your ears to appreciate it and find your own sweet spot.

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #6,269 of 18,652

Thanks

255 is the answer for full DAC performance. It does not clip.

Of course, if your amp's volume pot is not precise enough at low volumes then you can fix that by lowering the DX50 volume.

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #6,270 of 18,652
255 might be the best setup on paper but anything between 220 and above will most likely not be differentiated by a blind test so using a decent level and playing with the amp volume control and using your trusted ears seem to be a more sensible solution besides you can also save some charge time in the long run :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back