The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 5, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #6,076 of 18,652
Fair... I am trying it again. I see some good synergy with Progressive Rock but it can be rather hollow-sounding at times. 

They should make the settings switchable...

I sent an email to iBasso to ask them to make it selectable from a menu selection. Let's see what they'll say. Apparently, according to Sorensiim, it is available on the DX100.

I suggest if you can to make the request, here is what you can ask:

"Can you please allow us through menu option the ability to pick the DAC roll-off audio band behavior, that is the wm8740 slow roll-off or fast. I believe Soren mentioned you made it available on the DX100."

The more making the request, the most likely they'll implement it.

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #6,077 of 18,652
Hello
regular_smile .gif

Anyone has issue to turn it on? Sometimes mine stays in the iBasso welcome screen for long, sometimes the screen stays black. I have to shut it down (long press on the on/off button) to restart it.

Thanks!
Fabrice

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #6,079 of 18,652
LOL... its sorta "beta"...and it's "beta from ibasso"...)) 

i just wonder what kind of dap we will have when firmware number become 2.0.0....

How about one called spit ball firefly, I kind a like that name it has a nice ring to it. iBasso next compact reference dap capable of handling 384 kHz 32 bit signals based on the SABRE DAC. I think this will solve all of our search for the ultimate player/sound. :D

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #6,080 of 18,652
Hello
regular_smile%20.gif

Anyone has issue to turn it on? Sometimes mine stays in the iBasso welcome screen for long, sometimes the screen stays black. I have to shut it down (long press on the on/off button) to restart it.

Thanks!
Fabrice

It sounds as if you did not do a factory reset. Go on the FAQ thread as specified on page 1 and perform a factory reset, that should solve your problem.

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #6,082 of 18,652
Hello
regular_smile .gif

Thanks!

Fabrice

I can't let "Media scanning" stuff does its job.
If "Media scanning" is completely done on my SD card, next time I start the DX50 I get the welcome screen for ... forever ....
In this case, the only way to sort out is to wipe data + reset factory settings.

That means I can't use tag navigation but only directory/file navigation.

DON'T LET THE DX50 SCAN YOUR SD CARD !!! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back