The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2,522 of 18,652
I know I have spammed the DX100 and Heir threads with this album, so please bear with me if you've seen me recommend it before:

I would especially recommend the tracks "Yesterday was hard on all of us" and "Trouble's what you're in". Oh and the drum on this recording of "Sort of Revolution" will hit you hard and deep :wink:  

Edit: If you don't know Fink - This is what they do:

Thanks for the music tip, will look them up.

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #2,523 of 18,652
woo hoo! i just ordered the dx50 too. can't wait to give this DAP a try. 

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2,524 of 18,652
Hello

Just had trouble with DX50. When I was skipping tracks it kept on freezing. Rebooted

several times. It would then play but with no volume. I took the battery out a couple

of times and finally it is working again. I also got some warning regarding the volume and

a re-booting. That is the joy of this player I am suppose. Has anybody else had this trouble.

Did you upgrade your firmware to Version 1.16? A lot of bugs was resolved in this update. Mine was more stable now. Listening to Patricia Barber's Modern Cool. :)

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,527 of 18,652
If your are talking about charging a lone battery, the following will work great

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Battery-Charger-USB-charging-Samsung/dp/B00DGPHB6M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1379944881&sr=8-6&keywords=Anker+samsung+galaxy+s3+battery+charger

Note that you can also connect the DX50 to the USB charging port on the side.

If you are looking for just plugging the dx50 to the wall, any USB charger will work but I would use one with enough amperage.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2,529 of 18,652
Anyone have any idea what aftermarket battery charger would work well with the dx50? I need one for my trip to RMAF in Denver.
you can also use a blackberry charger its the same as the Samsung S2 and S3. You can buy Samsung packages with a spare battery and desktop charger as a back up battery. I have four batteries in total to share with my S3 and DX50 and I just rotate the two spares!

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,531 of 18,652

I think the pattern be that it remembers the last track that you played before you shutdown the device manually.  If it shut down automatically, it does not remember the last track before it shutdown.  It goes back to the track that you last played when you deliberately turned off the device.  Maybe someone else can test this out on their device to make sure.

I think you have it.  Started playing a track, manually turned off the device, restarted, played another album to the end, allowed it to shut down automatically.  Upon restart the track that I was playing at the time of the manual shutdown was remembered.  They're apparently not saving the current information during automatic shutdown.

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,532 of 18,652
Hello

Up I do a factory reset I know I will loose the music in the player but I will still have the latest softwarupdate. It wont revert to 1.1?

Thanks

For what I gather it's the last step in the upgrade so whatever firmware you installed last is what you'll end up at the end. If you want an earlier version, you'll need to go through the whole process as explained in the readme file that comes with the firmware version you are interested in.

What I am saying is it is impossible to go back to a prior version unless you download that firmware version from somewhere and go through the installation process, the factory reset is just the last strep of the process, it's not a version reset like some other software.

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #2,533 of 18,652
IBasso replied about my battery indicator request and said they will make it more reliable (no clear answer as to how) on the next firmware.

Just add a stopwatch and forget about the battery indicator.
wink_face.gif

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #2,534 of 18,652
  I know I have spammed the DX100 and Heir threads with this album, so please bear with me if you've seen me recommend it before:

I don't usually like live recordings, but this is just too damn good. An absolutely masterful recording, because it isn't flawless. I saw the band perform on this tour and the recordings from the different venues let you hear the music as it sounded live that night. Not only can you sense the different sizes of the venues, but the little flaws as well. That, to me at least, makes it feel a lot more real than the over-engieneered perfect studio recordings we audiophiles usually crave.Want to enjoy the music while listening for the width and depth of the soundstage and all those little details? Buy this album. It's even available as a lossless download here: http://www.finkworld.co.uk/store/music-store/fink-wav-store/

I would especially recommend the tracks "Yesterday was hard on all of us" and "Trouble's what you're in". Oh and the drum on this recording of "Sort of Revolution" will hit you hard and deep 
wink.gif

Edit: If you don't know Fink - This is what they do:

This performance speaks to me and I enjoy it. But, I don't find that the recording itself is special. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back