The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2,301 of 18,652
  According to wiki, Centon and Pretect have 128GB sdxc cards and Lexar has a 256GB card.

on the external microSD port on the DX50 right now only 64GB max (available out there) when the 128Gb will be out then great, but OTG you can add up to 2 TB; USB key or other SDXC or SDHC cards, even an external hard drive preferably with external power, read prior posts, lots of info on what others tried.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #2,303 of 18,652
According to wiki, Centon and Pretect have 128GB sdxc cards and Lexar has a 256GB card.

edit: looks like those are probably full size SD not micro

Here are a couple of combos with the OTG you can do, more can be done.

Note that is just some examples, the first one uses an sdxc/sdhc converter which can also be used with an sdxc to microSD converter card.

The second is just a USB key.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2,304 of 18,652
Hi, I could please use some help. I received my DX50 last week, it was DOA. I was not happy. After contacting ibasso tech support, and trying out some different options to "fix" it. They agreed to exchange it for a new one. I am very happy. Here is the problem. They want me to remove the battery, before I ship it back to them.  I don't know how to remove the battery. If someone could please tell me how to remove it safely, I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks.   

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,305 of 18,652
  Hi, I could please use some help. I received my DX50 last week, it was DOA. I was not happy. After contacting ibasso tech support, and trying out some different options to "fix" it. They agreed to exchange it for a new one. I am very happy. Here is the problem. They want me to remove the battery, before I ship it back to them.  I don't know how to remove the battery. If someone could please tell me how to remove it safely, I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks.   

You slide the back cover off and take out the battery and put the cover back on.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2,308 of 18,652
A manual would be handy in such occasions :p

To remove the cover:
hold the device with back cover upside, use two thumbs pressing the cover, and slide up.
To remove the battery:
(iBasso should make a slot to put the finger!)
hold the device with screen upside, tap few times below the 3 tactile buttons.
the battery should now come out a little and can be removed easliy.

Sep 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,310 of 18,652
  I am fine with any tech solution that matches my needs. Currently I am reading about both and given my budget it seems drivers are more suitable. Of course I will be glad to check all possible BAs up to $100-$150 that have decent bass power. I don't need bass-monsters - I just I prefer the lows to be thicker and more juicy. Thanks!

Cheers.
YK

If you can find them, see if you can get your hands on the Sony EX310: http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Headphones-MDR-EX310SL-Dynamic-Receiver/dp/B00420UAO0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1379702019&sr=8-5&keywords=sony+lp+310 - Surprisingly competent headphones at a great price. With very powerful bass when called for 
wink.gif

No problem. It took me over a year of messing around with my D2 to find perfect settings on it, glad to get good results out of this thing so fast (especially with a different amp/headphones). On the D2, I minimized the 80hz band (well, I changed the frequency to 105hz and then reduced it) and it had a similar effect. I'm starting to think those low bass bands just aren't so great for headphones.

Quite frankly, NOW it sounds like a real audiophile player to me. Can really hear the nuances of the singers now (I was getting goosebumps from the fricking Tailspin theme song, lol) and how they blend in with the mix. There is a touch of a mid-bass hump, but it isn't bleeding into the mids at all, I can't picture things getting much better from a clarity standpoint.

It's passing the Megadeth test ATM with flying colors, can actually understand all of Mustaine's lyrics, can clearly hear the dual guitars and sounds like ******* balls-out metal.

Edit: Now is passing the female vocals with acoustic guitars test, courtesy of Amy Grant. I'm sensing a bit of clipping, likely need to take down the treble bands a bit, but is a minor nuisance.

I love those looooow bass notes on my iems, are you using the Brainwavs B2 from your signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back