The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #1,981 of 18,652

http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=81

So, you bought this DX50 despite the fact that it doesn't claim to have a clock and now you feel wronged because it doesn't have a clock? I'm sorry man, I just can't follow your logic. I understand your frustration when it comes to the bugs though.

YES, the first firmware was crap (judging by comments here) but with 1.1.6 I think this genuinely has the best UI of any audiophile DAP yet. Sure beats the DX100 in my opinion, even though the DX100 has a (wildly inaccurate, by the way) clock.

I did not say that i felt "wronged' by it not having a clock.  In my original post, i just added that it could use a scroll bar and a clock after agreeing that the new update is still flawed because it does not allow folder or album selection in the Artist sort.  I am not sure why people are so upset by the suggestion that it would be useful to have a clock.  For some reason, everyone has fixated on that comment.  I am also not sure why people are so offended by such a suggestion either.   I probably set the wrong tone with my harsh terms, but i am not sure why people have gotten heated about that - since that was not even the source of my main complaint. I just added that it could use a scroll bar and a clock.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #1,982 of 18,652

They clearly released a product with firmware that was not ready to use.

I would rather let users help with ironing out bugs instead of trying to find every instance of them myself if my company was small and all resources were tied to the actual production of the unit. I'm aware iPod UI when it first came out wasn't perfect at all either.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #1,983 of 18,652
depend on the recordings.. using TG334 with DX50 some tracks got slight hiss... 

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,986 of 18,652
yeah, that's what I hear also, inherent hiss without anything playing.  AKA typical of sensitive IEMs on amps with certain noise floors.  It's nothing that distracts me while listening to music, but I can tell it's there when nothing's playing.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #1,987 of 18,652
  Ummm, are you serious?  Some of us actually have jobs and appointments.   Most people don't wear watches anymore because most electronic devices have clocks. AK100 has a clock. Even my rockboxed sansa clip has a clock.

Don't your jobs and appointments come with some sort of a cellphone? Those have clocks last time I checked.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #1,988 of 18,652
  it's not coming from me. you can look at the Fiio X3 thread, where a chinese man, James fiio (a CEO of Fiio) says the same thing. I wouldn't imagine that saying  Chinese people don't care for certain features in a DAP would be somehow racist...

Look, I know what you mean, having a watch wouldn't be bad and it would be very welcome but it's not a feature you would choose a DAP with. At least that's my point of view, but if you think otherwise, it's your right. Nobody here is defending ibasso, I for one, am already annoyed by the bugs (though I still have to receive the actual unit :D ) and will clearly state every problem I may have with it but at least until the bugs are non-existent, I wouldn't ask for new features, especially something that is not directly connected to playing music. once more, it's just my point of view.

I still question the generalization about "Chinese people."  For one thing, maybe I am a Chinese person - who finds it useful to have a clock.   Actually, true.

I didn't say anywhere that anyone should buy a DAP based on a clock.  I just added that it that it could use a clock and a scroll bar to make it more useful.  For some reason, people have fixated on the clock comment.

In any case, I think i will stop now.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #1,991 of 18,652
I... I guess it'd be useful to see what time it is by glancing at the time while browsing through the DX50... But then again I play all my music at random and use the buttons and doesn't leave my pocket for the whole day so........ It's one of those things where it's nice if it's there, and doesn't matter if it isn't. Not necessarily unnecessary but not necessary.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #1,992 of 18,652
updated the fw - a breeze again

now I wondered if somebody could help with this....

I have an album which is actually a collection of 4 cd's

john digweed London 1, 2, 3 & 4

however when I click "album" and scroll down, only 2 of them show up?

any ideas?

thanks

Just bumping this before it gets lost

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,994 of 18,652
  Having a clock in the DAP means the battery will have to keep running when it is turned off. Otherwise it would be like an iPod where the clock will continue where it was last turned off, giving you inaccurate time.

It's not like it'll drain half the battery... Also never heard of an iPod doing this since I'm aware all iDevices have RTCs. Maybe the ancient models?

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,995 of 18,652
Just got mine 10 mins ago, sadly were not meant for each other so im selling this thing for same price (shipping included only in usa) pls feel free to pm for anyone interested.

Wow, putting it up for sale after just ten minutes?
Dude, that has to be a record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back